Montrose v Clyde

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not meant to be patronising and genuine apologies if it comes across as that. Just a combination of frustration as I think we're pretty close to being a good team and the fact I don't ever switch off from football. Over to Match of the Day.

not a problem you stick to your views and don't let anyone tell you otherwise that's what football is all about

think the biggest problem we all have is that we care too much ????

you follow the team everywhere and your reports are appreciated

not a problem you stick to your views and don't let anyone tell you otherwise that's what football is all about

think the biggest problem we all have is that we care too much

you follow the team everywhere and your reports are appreciated

Montrose looked like a team today. Good communication and pressed constantly until the last 15 mins. The team look very hard to beat and defend really well. Lots of positives very young back 5 but look as if they have been together for years

Undeniably and I'm not trying to detract from your win. However in a discussion about our strikers, the point I make is relevant; score a goal and we are in the stronger position within the match.

I'd have thought you'd agree entirely given the same problem cost you a league title last year.

Nah, we weren't the best team in the league last year.

You're saying that if you scored more goals than the opposition, you'd win the league. Hypothetical stuff.....if you can't do that, you're not the best team in the league.

If you don't score goals you won't win games...that's about it

Nah, we weren't the best team in the league last year.

You're saying that if you scored more goals than the opposition, you'd win the league. Hypothetical stuff.....if you can't do that, you're not the best team in the league.

If you don't score goals you won't win games...that's about it

Yes, and we can't score goals! Unless we do, then we'll struggle no matter how good or bad our defending, passing etc is. Our strikers have had the chance to give the rest of the team an opportunity to win games and not taken them.

We'll need to disagree on last year although I believe Albion played well against QP whilst they didn't ever really hit second gear against us. I think it was there for the taking.

Don't miss bolo at all, but wish we could have kept brisbane. I don't think we can compete with clydes wages though.. :-(

Brisbane was dropped to the bench after having a bit of a 'mare last week. Didn't really do much at all. Bolo has been alright from what I've seen, our joint top scorer in all competitions with, erm, 1 goal. :unsure:

Did Barry Ferguson genuinely say that you don't need creative players at this level and then go on to lead a team who haven't scored in open play for weeks?

If that's true, the guy's a genuine fucking idiot.

GIRFUY beast Ya dick. SorryClude but when you listen to a vastly overrated and lazy player like Gemmel spout shore on the Pele podcast about who will win the league it was gonna happen. On my stagger and sitting with the smuggest of grins Mon the Mo

And Montrose were good value yesterday. They played well I thought and deserved to win.

We've hardly had a shot on goal in the three league games I've seen. All we have to show for it is a penalty from a left wing back.

Pretty embarrassing really.

Montrose looked sharp yesterday. 1st to every ball and usually 2nd aswell....

Our team is solid but slow in particular midfield..

We desperate need someone with pace, not mccolm but someone as quick as him as an out ball and get the other teams turning, Reminds me a bit of shire away last season when we played em off park on passing stakes,Ball went inside,Outside,Back and everything in front of their defence,They beat us 1-0 and not once did we create a panic in the final third for their back line..

Lost count how many times campbell had to come out wide to start an attack & he would then cross ball into gormley v 4 defenders...

Not good enough.

Archived