MOTD thread 2015/16

nelsjfc

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

How on earth was Adrians penalty save allowed to stand?! He took 2 steps and a jump off his line before saving it :lol:

It seems to be one of those things that referees just can't be bothered doing anything about, along with encroaching.

Martinez blaming the referee, who gave his side a fortunate penalty, is predictable but it won't help him.

How on earth was Adrians penalty save allowed to stand?! He took 2 steps and a jump off his line before saving it :lol:

Adrian's clever when it comes to penalties, as said above refs usually don't bother enforcing the rule and Adrian knew he would get away with it. Remember him doing similar tricks against Everton in the cup last season when it came to penalties.

This is one of these things that makes my blood boil, absolutely hate it. If the refs are being told to ignore it then they should just change the rules, if they aren't being told to ignore it they're all useless incompetents...

Keown saying Drinkwater has an outside chance of going to France, if I were Hodgson I would be starting him to be honest. My midfield trio would be Drinkwater, Alli and Barkley. But he'll probably pick Gareth Barry ahead of Drinkwater.

For me it's another draw back of the stop-start run up technique. Goalkeepers almost always take an extra step or two forward as a reaction to the stuttered run up.

Should still be disallowed but I have no sympathy with any forward in that situation.

Archived