Scotland vs Polska

jagfox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness the coaching unit for the ScottishRugby team isn't that great (lost every game at 6n despite Glasgow winning pro 12 n embra reaching a European final)....we have just had a cracking group of players come through at Glasgow n to an extent Edinburgh....if we had townsend in charge of Scotland we would be doing much better...

The point I am making is that Scottish Rugby is progressive and pro active. They identify problems and try to sort them. The 6 nations were a disappointment but they have identified the weak points and addressed them for the world cup campaign. So far this is working . Sure they are still miles away from the New Zealand model but they are progressing.

Scottish Football on the other hand is stale and not prepared to move forward. Leigh Griffiths for example must be sitting there this morning wondering why the f**k he bothered . Pissing people off seems to be the norm in Scottish International football .

The point I am making is that Scottish Rugby is progressive and pro active. They identify problems and try to sort them. The 6 nations were a disappointment but they have identified the weak points and addressed them for the world cup campaign. So far this is working . Sure they are still miles away from the New Zealand model but they are progressing.

Scottish Football on the other hand is stale and not prepared to move forward. Leigh Griffiths for example must be sitting there this morning wondering why the f**k he bothered . Pissing people off seems to be the norm in Scottish International football .

Why would leigh griffiths be thinking that? Because he scores goal against motherwell and killie? Stevie fletcher is our best striker. I don't understand why some scottish fans dont see that.

The sru is borderline dysfunctional with a terrible track record of developing the senior game.....where it's superior to the sfa is the way youth coaching is organised...core skills are being taught at the youngest age groups really well right across the board....my son is at s2 level n the basic skill levels are way ahead of what they were when I was same age.....the number of schools participating has doubled and the training for coaches has vastly improved. In next decade or so we should reap the benefits of this. As for football not sure if there is any real progress in youth development.....certainly not seeing a rush of players threatening the senior team

Thought for the most part we done well enough last night. A point was the least we deserved, though Poland will feel the same.

Forrest done OK on the left, Ritchie more than justified his inclusion, Brown was on form and Fletcher took his goal fantastically well, though that header straight at the keeper when he should have buried it perhaps sums him up.

Damage was done in Georgia, and not really sure on the way forward.

Why would leigh griffiths be thinking that? Because he scores goal against motherwell and killie? Stevie fletcher is our best striker. I don't understand why some scottish fans dont see that.

As I said , in form players sometimes bring a fresh enthusiasm to a tired team.

After the Georgia debacle I would have thought the squad might have been better utilised. But who am I to criticise a failed system which will go on accepting mediocrity and failure ?

Disappointed? Absolutely. Surprised? No.

Surely the realisation has dawned sometime over the last 2 or 3 generations that we're not particularly good at football, domestically & internationally.

The "good times" of the 80's & 90's when the domestic game was flooded with mostly poor quality foreigners choked our home grown players and we continue to reap what we sowed back then.

Until we make a concerted effort to remedy the national sport, top to bottom, root & branch then we'll continue to suffer in our own unique style.

As I said , in form players sometimes bring a fresh enthusiasm to a tired team.

After the Georgia debacle I would have thought the squad might have been better utilised. But who am I to criticise a failed system which will go on accepting mediocrity and failure ?

It is such a typical scottish view. So basically griffiths will run about lots and not do much. Id much rather have stevie fletcher up front and try keep hold of the ball.

Why is it a failed system? The reason we are out is because the team played absolutely shite against georgia.

It is such a typical scottish view. So basically griffiths will run about lots and not do much. Id much rather have stevie fletcher up front and try keep hold of the ball.

Why is it a failed system? The reason we are out is because the team played absolutely shite against georgia.

It is a failed system because we failed to qualify yet again ! ................ And also failed to give our younger players a chance to show that perhaps they are better than Fletcher , Broon , Hutton etc.............. The ones who played absolutely shite against Georgia but were guaranteed to start the next match ?????

Once again we are left in limbo with no progress being made from the last campaign. No bright new future on the horizon . Just the bleak reality that things are not right but we are too frightened to go the whole hog and change it from top to bottom like Germany did all those years ago.

This shite about Fletcher can hold the ball up is a fucking myth. When was the last time he successfully held the ball up and brought others into the game? fucking never, thats when.

You are a complete moron

It is a failed system because we failed to qualify yet again ! ................ And also failed to give our younger players a chance to show that perhaps they are better than Fletcher , Broon , Hutton etc.............. The ones who played absolutely shite against Georgia but were guaranteed to start the next match ?????

Once again we are left in limbo with no progress being made from the last campaign. No bright new future on the horizon . Just the bleak reality that things are not right but we are too frightened to go the whole hog and change it from top to bottom like Germany did all those years ago.

To be honest, I think we did alright this campaign. As i said, Georgia totally fucked us.

As for younger players, who are referring to?

To be honest, I think we did alright this campaign. As i said, Georgia totally fucked us.

Right. The names branded about in this kind of discussion usually mean 27 Dundee United or Aberdeen players who plainly aren't good enough. Souttar, Jack, Shinnie et al. The players called up, for the most part, are not the issue (although Matt Phillips' omission is bewildering).

Georgia away was certainly one of the root causes, but failing to take more than 2 points from Poland and Germany (when a piss poor RoI team has managed to take 4 from Germany alone) was more damaging.

This shite about Fletcher can hold the ball up is a fucking myth. When was the last time he successfully held the ball up and brought others into the game? fucking never, thats when.

He did it lots of times last night but ill just give one example off the top of my head that I can remember specifically. He held the ball brilliantly under pressure, took a touch to control and played a pass into Naismith. Naismith took a touch and played it out wide and was scythed down. The ref played advantage and came back and booked the defender afterwards.

Were you asleep when all that was going on?

Right. The names branded about in this kind of discussion usually mean 27 Dundee United or Aberdeen players who plainly aren't good enough. Souttar, Jack, Shinnie et al. The players called up, for the most part, are not the issue (although Matt Phillips' omission is bewildering).

Or ryan gauld is who playing for sporting lisbon B. Or jack harper because "he wiz playing fir real madrid".

I agree that matt phillips and even ross mccormack should feel aggrieved not to be called up. Phillips especially considering forrest is pish

He did it lots of times last night but ill just give one example off the top of my head that I can remember specifically. He held the ball brilliantly under pressure, took a touch to control and played a pass into Naismith. Naismith took a touch and played it out wide and was scythed down. The ref played advantage and came back and booked the defender afterwards.

Were you asleep when all that was going on?

He will be one of those TA members that is blinkered by their hatred for fletcher, that he cannot give him any praise. The same ones that call for jordan rhodes to get a start or call for leigh griffiths to start because he scores against motherwell and runs about a lot.

Archived