IndyRef2

Crùbag

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Devo Max? Will the SNP go for that first and when that gets refused they have yet another excuse to show up Westmister?

Or is it beyond that now?

I was thinking the same as Corbyn could offer Sturgeon a deal for 2020. That deal would include Devo max and scrapping Trident in exchange for postponing Indyref2 and joining his anti-austerity coalition in Westminster. Would it be acceptable to the SNP supporters on here?

What about Devo Max? Will the SNP go for that first and when that gets refused they have yet another excuse to show up Westmister?

Or is it beyond that now?

The SNP have always said they'll take whatever powers are available to them and I doubt they would turn it down. It would pacify some of those who would vote yes, but the argument would never fully go away and the SNP would be waiting in the wings to go for full on independence.

From a personal point of view, I could be talked around to voting devo max if it's on the ballot. I'm looking at things from a point of view where I want Scotland governed better and I feel we're best placed to do that at Holyrood. Devo max would give us the self determination and economic triggers that I'd be looking for as well as the security of the union. The issues would be regarding Trident and our foreign policy, particularly relating to the middle East. If we have no say in either, I'd still back independence.

A referendum on devo-max might be the way for the Tories to placate the growing number of people in Scotland demanding a second go at a referendum. I think the 'yes' side would win that quite comfortably too.

I was thinking the same as Corbyn could offer Sturgeon a deal for 2020. That deal would include Devo max and scrapping Trident in exchange for postponing Indyref2 and joining his anti-austerity coalition in Westminster. Would it be acceptable to the SNP supporters on here?

Would do quite nicely for me.

I'd have to see the nuts and bolts.

I'd be open to listening, certainly.

But then what if the Tories get back in in 2025?

I'd have to see the nuts and bolts.

I'd be open to listening, certainly.

But then what if the Tories get back in in 2025?

That will always be a possibility in any UK general election. In 10 years time, Labour could be in power in Holyrood too. There are risks in any potential political deal.

The nuts and bolts, as you put it, would reflect Corbyn's and Sturgeon's respective negotiating skills. Corbyn lacks experience at the highest level. He would need a deal more than Sturgeon so she should have the best hand to play with.

I'd be happy with that. A lot of my 'independence at all costs' feeling has subsided and I still broadly favour it but devo-max as a step to independence if we were led by a left wing government UK wide would be palatable. The problem is A) the complete unlikeliness of said left wing government sweeping into power nationwide and B) the Tories returning to power at any point.

Devo Max or Federalism would have to be agreed across the UK not just Scotland. And to be honest it's never going to happen and any suggestion that it will is just bollox and a deflection from our goal of independence.

Have you any idea how much of a creepy fucking perv you sound when you continually do stuff like this?

I'm sure he posted somewhere that he's 40 something. Starting threads on farting, and favourite swearwords. Hands down, the worst poster to ever post here, scurry away, then come back again.

The snps main policy is independence nothing else will be acceptable to the parties supporters,the problem is nicola must contain that desire for now,what wont help her is when 2 of her own scottish ministers and 3 of her westminster mps join a group that wants another vote in 2018,

Archived