Scotlands last genuine world class player?

RobbieD

Scholes no better than Fletcher!!!Utterly ridiculous. There's no point in the discussion if people are going to say things like that.Tragic bonkerdom, attempting to exaggerate the contribution of a good, but ultimately lacking player, because he was Scottish.Scholes no better than Fletcher- that's just marvellous. I did not think it could be done, but you've eclipsed the Davie Cooper guy.The Tartan Army forum really is still home to this site's leasing wallopers, isn't it?I'll say it again just for the giggles. SCHOLES WAS NO BETTER THAN FLETCHER!

Sorry but if you honestly believe that Paul Scholes was a better player than Darren Fletcher between 2008-11 then there is no hope for you. Please refrain from replying to my posts again or I will get you and your wrong opinions banned.

Chlamydia Kid spot on here.

Fletcher was clearly one of Man Utd's weaker players, probably why Roy Keane famously singled him out for criticism.

The suggestion of Davie Cooper in such terms is simply hilarious.

And Roy Keane has such a good eye for a player, hasn't he?

Makalele,De Jong and Scholes were no better than Fletcher while Fabregas, Modric, Toure, Lampard and Gerrard didn't play the same role.

So really you're just saying that Michael Essien was a better player .

They are all midefielders. If You were picking a team you would pick a couple of midfielders- with that lot to choose from Fletcher wouldn't even be considered.

Luis Suarez doesn't play the same role as Peter Crouch but you can still say Suarez is a far superior forward.

Darren Fletcher was world-class when fit. SAF even went as far as to saying that he would've stopped Iniesta running rings round United in Rome in 2009.

Goram was absolutely outstanding, but never world class.

Would have to be Dalglish and Souness. Before that? Davie Cooper & Jimmy Johnstone? Jim Baxter?

Grim(bo).

Dalglish, Law, McGrain, Johnstone and Baxter, world class all day, Goram, Souness, Flecther and Cooper, were not

Its boring patter, someone pulled the same crap on an Airdrie thread, with some of the utter drivel that is posted on here it is not beyond the realms of possibility that someone would actually use that as evidence.

How else do you suggest we go about evaluating players then?

Nonsense. What did Monaco do whilst Collins was with them? Lambert was so "world class" he only played with them for a season and only got a game because Paulo Sousa was injured all season. Just because you play for a good team doesn't mean you're "world class". Gary Cahill isn't world class but he plays with a world class team, Phil Jones isn't world class because he plays with Man U.

He won the league with Monaco. When did we last have players who could get a game with Monaco or Dortmund?

I suppose it's all about how you define world class.