Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

I see the next round will be in France. It's right before the clay court season starts, so I wonder if that's the surface they'll go for? I also wonder if Murray will opt to play?

Just saw that there - what a sore one for the umpire! But if he is fit to carry on his job why did he need to disqualify the Canadian?

Because he's cunted him in the face with a tennis ball. It's like a football player deliberately booting the ball as hard as he can at the referee. That's a sending off, but you can't do that in tennis, so it's a disqualification. That's the rules, plain and simple.

"Cunted him in the face" :lol: 

He didn't do it on purpose though, I am also certain there was a game between Liverpool and Leeds a good few years back and a penalty was awarded to Liverpool and a Leeds player kicked the ball in frustration and it hit the referee right in the head, never got sent off for it either. Tried to find a clip of it on youtube there but can't find it. 

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Just saw that there - what a sore one for the umpire! But if he is fit to carry on his job why did he need to disqualify the Canadian?

I'm not confident he was fit to carry on with his job. His eye was already closing up about 2 minutes after he was hit, he would have barely been able to see out of that eye. He was in total shock as well(understandably)

I'm not confident he was fit to carry on with his job. His eye was already closing up about 2 minutes after he was hit, he would have barely been able to see out of that eye. He was in total shock as well(understandably)

Getting hit by a ball at that speed, especially in the face hurts a lot. I'm talking from experience, so there's not doubt he'd be a bit shell shocked. Whilst not quite cricket ball sore, tennis balls go rock solid at speed and can do some serious damage.

6 hours ago, throbber said:

He had no choice.