Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
There is no bigger indicator of Williams's guilt than the fact Sue Barker is defending her.

Is Sue Barker Welsh Bairn?

Are you suggesting that Welshbairn has shagged Cliff Richard?

Mind you, given his flirting with celebs I would put it past him.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Are you suggesting that Welshbairn has shagged Cliff Richard?

Mind you, given his flirting with celebs I would put it past him.

Not sure we should be discussing Cliff Richard and Bairn shagging of any description. We`ll have a BBC helicopter above us before we know it.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Sue Barker is moaning that the umpire applied the rules absolutely to the letter. Isn't that his job?

This is really starting to annoy me. The coach has admitted he was coaching. Williams smashed her racquet. Williams verbally abused the umpire. Why is this somehow the fault of the umpire for applying the rules?

Sue Barker is moaning that the umpire applied the rules absolutely to the letter. Isn't that his job?

This is really starting to annoy me. The coach has admitted he was coaching. Williams smashed her racquet. Williams verbally abused the umpire. Why is this somehow the fault of the umpire for applying the rules?

Read a lot of stuff that seems to forget that she was docked the game as it was her third violation, you would think that the umpire had just jumped straight to that without going through the other sanctions first.

Jesus, the GS #numbers that Fed, Rafa and Novak are on really hits home how good they are (and mentally strong) when you think Andy Murray is world class.

20, 17 and 14 compared to Murray's 'measly' 3.  Crazy.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Jesus, the GS #numbers that Fed, Rafa and Novak are on really hits home how good they are (and mentally strong) when you think Andy Murray is world class.

20, 17 and 14 compared to Murray's 'measly' 3.  Crazy.

No big 4

I think the Big 4 term came about 09 or 10 when the 4 of them were genuinely winning 2/3 Masters titles a year.  I agree, it's really only ever been a Big 3 unfortunately.

I think the Big 4 term came about 09 or 10 when the 4 of them were genuinely winning 2/3 Masters titles a year.  I agree, it's really only ever been a Big 3 unfortunately.
I agree I think the Masters titles were part of it. But if Castle, Henman et al keep referring to a big 4 then it's laughable. No disrespect to Murray a world class superstar but not in the same league

38 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's not

It's the fault of Serena Williams and her coach

The act was shameful enough and now she has shamefully created a gigantic smokescreen using her celebrity status

No one is willing to go against the grain and call her out on her obviously shameful behaviour, they would be branded sexist too

No apology to her opponent who was reduced to tears in her victory presentation, never seen such a thing before

Disgrace

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I agree I think the Masters titles were part of it. But if Castle, Henman et al keep referring to a big 4 then it's laughable. No disrespect to Murray a world class superstar but not in the same league

To be fair to Murray, I doubt he places himself alongside those 3 either.  Putting them to one side, he's been miles ahead of every other player over the last decade and at a level of consistency which in other eras would have given him 6 or 7 majors rather than 3.  After all, he's only ever lost in major finals to either Federer or Djokovic.  I'd certainly rank him alongside players like Edberg, McEnroe and Becker which isn't bad going.

The term Big Four was first started about 09 - long before Djokovic caught fire in 2011 - and was as Ayrmad stated used to describe the four of them showing the consistency to make the semi finals of every event.   Nadal, Federer and Djokovic will go down as the greatest players ever.  Federer will not win another Slam if Novak is in his way .  Murray can consider himself unlucky to be part of that generation.   

Novak was brilliant, absorbing Del Potro's power and giving him a different ball each and every time.

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Under the pernicious feminist doctrine these harpies are wielding, equal treatment and equal responsibility is discrimination.

What is demanded is special treatment and special privileges, otherwise victimhood, waterworks and "misogyny!" tantrums.

As a great woman once said, if the benchmark for proper treatment and responsibility is men's lives, women couldn't handle equality.