Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Great win against a tough opponent. Cilic was playing very well in the first set and at the start of the second too. Murray had to work him out and he didn't read his serve very well at first. Cilic will be a great player though. He has a good all round game. I liked the way Murray also dropped the speed of his first serve a little bit to get more balls in court and protect his shitty second serve from getting raped. He will need to serve very well in the final to have any sort of chance. Hopefully he will be playing Federer and can give him a tough match.

excellent stuff from the middle of the 2nd set onward - really gave cilic the run around once he started finding the right length and seeing the cilic serve early. amazing to see the catalyst for the turn around in that 2nd set with his over the shoulder flap at that cilic lob - just went from strength to strength after that. The shot in the last game around the net pole was simply outrageous.

his record against fed is strong, but as fed says, the one that really mattered went to fed. Federer is strong and will raise his game as he always does, but if del potro can do it, murray can. A malfunctioning federer forehand will be enough to do it, but to even get to that stage murray needs to really nail his first serve percentage in the final and really avoid landing too much midcourt for federer to slap at. At this point I'm doing tsonga a dis-service by assuming he won't get through - but tsonga is a dangerous opponent, he swings at everything on the forehand side and when they go in he is unstoppable (a bit like Gonzalez - and murray has a history of being blown away by big hitters who have a good day).

assuming it is a fed\murray final there are two intriguing aspects, 1) murray owes him one from us open final, but 2) fed won't be looking to lose two back to back major finals to lesser ranked players.

hopefully 1) is stronger than 2) and murray wins, and at the end fed cries like a little girl again.

it's great to see murray step it up a gear in the last two matches. It shows that he learnt that starting to be more aggressive in the latter stages of grand slams is a necessary gamble and he's benefited from it big time. Hopefully he can carry this mentality into the final on sunday and the rest of the year.

Maybe with little or no hype surrounding Murray at the Oz Open this year he might just go the distance. You never know.

I could see him beating Rafa if he meets him, he's a shadow of his former self.

8) What yees think for Sunday then lads?

Hard to see past Federer, but I'm going to go for a Murray win, 6-4. 3-6, 7-6. 6-4.

He'll save 3 set points in the 3rd set tie break, then storm on to win it, and then the 4th set to clinch the title.

Wibble.

Hope the pencils are inserted.

I'm also in the 'Federer in 4' camp. Murray needs the first set or it could be finished in three.

I'd love to see Murray win it, but Fed seems to be in cracking form going by what I've read of today's game. Though, having thought about it, so's Murray.

:unsure:

Federer will win this I'm sure. I hope Murray can lift his game to the heights needed to make a game of it though. And if he does then he has a chance.

Federer just stamped on Tsonga earlier today though and he looks in brilliant nick just now. Unfortunately.

Hopefully the Federer that ballsed it up against Del Potro in the US Open final will turn up. But it looks highly unlikely.

Is weetabix heid on course for £50M if he wins versus fuderer?

About time wee andy paid back us taxpayers for all his sponged tennis lessns and coaching paid for by the stupid public.

What the fook are BBC Scotland playing at sending kheridine down under? What a bloody waste of money.

Is weetabix heid on course for £50M if he wins versus fuderer?

About time wee andy paid back us taxpayers for all his sponged tennis lessns and coaching paid for by the stupid public.

What the fook are BBC Scotland playing at sending kheridine down under? What a bloody waste of money.

Keeps him out the way of the fitba. No bad thing!