Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Absolutely brilliant. Not his best performance I don't feel, but he was up against a very awkward opponent and he's put him away with relative ease at the end. If it's Federer he plays on Sunday, and I reckon it will be, I think it'll be very close. I certainly hope so anyway.

Edited by mozam76

Can't help thinking that Djokovic-Federer semi, should they both make it, is the real final though. I fancy the winner of that to deal with Murric on Sunday.

I'm not so sure. I actually fancy Djokovic to beat Federer if they meet in the semi, and win the whole thing.

Brilliant from Murray, overall, got the job done without too much fuss. I'd feel a mite foolish if I'd predicted a Djokovic - Cilic final!biggrin.gif

Is that his 2nd major final?

Yep. Lost the US Open to Federer after a rain delayed strung out semi-final victory over Nadal. He is a more mature player now and with his record against Fed he must have a chance in the final.

Having said that it is Federer he is playing.....

Edited by printer

One thing I noted was the complete lack of Union Jacks in the crowd, only Saltires!

The Aussies probably don't sell/let through customs, English flags/Union Jacks. :ph34r:

Edited by TheScarf

One thing I noted was the complete lack of Union Jacks in the crowd, only Saltires!

Every tennis fans union jack's probably got Timmy written on it though

It's great listening to sports radio here in Melbourne, and how they mistakenly call him English. As soon as that word is even spoken in regards to Andy, the phones run hot :lol: