Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Schedule for the rest of the year:

Beijing, Shanghai, Vienna, Paris and WTF.  A total of 4500 ranking points available.  He is around 2000 points behind Djokovic in the race, so he really needs maximum points to have a chance.  Djokovic schedule is the same apart from Vienna.

40 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Does anyone know if delpo will be playing at weekend?

Think he's in their squad as number 2 singles player, which is likely to mean Murray vs Delpo is first game up.

Does anyone know if delpo will be playing at weekend?

He's in their squad, and he played in the doubles when they beat Italy in the quarters. Given his performances at the Olympics and US Open I'll be stunned if he doesn't play at least one singles, I think they'll stick him up against Edmund on Friday. ( Assuming of course that Murray and Edmund get the nod for GB)

9 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

He's in their squad, and he played in the doubles when they beat Italy in the quarters. Given his performances at the Olympics and US Open I'll be stunned if he doesn't play at least one singles, I think they'll stick him up against Edmund on Friday. ( Assuming of course that Murray and Edmund get the nod for GB)

I think, because Delbonis is ranked above him, Delpo would have to be their number 2 singles player (assuming they both play singles of course). I'm sure I read there's some rule about using the rankings to determine the order in which they play, presumably to avoid any "manipulation" of the sequence of games to gain an advantage. The home team's number 1 singles player always starts against the opposition's number 2 singles player. 

I think, because Delbonis is ranked above him, Delpo would have to be their number 2 singles player (assuming they both play singles of course). I'm sure I read there's some rule about using the rankings to determine the order in which they play, presumably to avoid any "manipulation" of the sequence of games to gain an advantage. The home team's number 1 singles player always starts against the opposition's number 2 singles player. 

You are right, and Delpo is infact still ranked 3rd in singles out of their players. Will they stick with the two guys who got them this far in the singles or ditch one of them for Del Potro?

f7ac4060973e7c6517acc5891b6c0d17.jpg

Other than Jamie Murray who is ranked 4th in doubles, nobody else involved in the tie is ranked lower than Mayer at 122nd.

58 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

You are right, and Delpo is infact still ranked 3rd in singles out of their players. Will they stick with the two guys who got them this far in the singles or ditch one of them for Del Potro?

f7ac4060973e7c6517acc5891b6c0d17.jpg

Other than Jamie Murray who is ranked 4th in doubles, nobody else involved in the tie is ranked lower than Mayer at 122nd.

Would be very surprised if Delpo doesn't play singles, given his performances recently. Would expect the first day to be Murray v Delpo then Edmund v Delbonis. The score could be anything after those 2 matches.

Delpo v Murray... opener. 13:00hrs tomorrow. Yasss

Should be a cracker. Kyle Edmund up against Guido Pella in the second rubber. Delbonis must be raging getting left out the singles after winning both his rubbers in the quarter final.

The two Murrays down to play doubles on Saturday, only way I could see that changing is if GB have a 2-0 lead after Friday.

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

The two Murrays down to play doubles on Saturday, only way I could see that changing is if GB have a 2-0 lead after Friday.

I half expected Inglot to be kept, and probably Evans left out, for that eventuality, and also if it was 1-1 after the first day with Andy being knackered after the Del Potro match. Not sure how strong the Argies doubles team is, but GB would be weakened to a fair extent if Evans or Edmund partnered Jamie.

Certainly expect a really tough match, and the first day could easily provide a 2-0 lead for either team.