Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Eurosport has always held the rights.  Sky sub contracted the rights on a contract basis, depending on how much they paid,  Sky either had full broadcast rights or an option that still allowed Eurosport coverage.  Eurosport (owned by the Discovery channel) hold the coverage for all four Slams in Europe.  They then negotiate individual rights deals with television companies (BBC for Australian Open, ITV for French Open, Sky for US Open traditionally) to show them in their own country.  However they do not own exclusive rights to Wimbledon as it is protected by the UK government.  

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/jul/07/sky-sports-us-open-tennis-premier-league-formula-one-open-golf

I would recommend getting the Eurosport player as Modbro doesn't always have all the courts, as they usually use streams that television companies are showing.  The player will have coverage from every court.

16 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Am I right in saying the BBC have only showed the semi's and final of the Australian Open in recent years?

Yeah they had full coverage up until a few years ago including online streaming of it all, but now just show the latter stages.

1 hour ago, KingQuerrey said:

I'm actually glad it won't be on Sky. Don't have their HD channels, and the picture quality on their SD sports coverage is absolutely appalling, I get better quality watching illegal internet streams. The commentators are also largely terrible, apart from Petchey.

If anyone has acestream, this site is good for links, although the commentary is usually in Spanishhttp://arenavision.in/agenda

FFS, I'm still trying to master English.

On 8/29/2016 at 00:03, lichtie23 said:

Banned

Thank f**k. I had him on ignore, but the ignore function doesn't really do what it should - all it means is you can't see the content of the posts, but you can still see that they're there. And they were fucking everywhere.

Truly excellent news.