Who Will Be Motherwell's Next Permanent Manager?

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simp Valakari has applied. I initially said no way but then read of his record in Finland at club level. Taken at face value it is pretty impressive.

Worth considering!

Exactly my thoughts - I thought it was another Luc Nijholt type of thing where he was just in because he was a popular ex player - but he took a smaller team from their second division to runners-up in the top league last year, won them a cup and has them in 1st place and in with a chance of the title this year. Certainly sounds like a credible candidate to me - although Harri Kampmann probably had as good a record in Finland :unsure2:

Simp Valakari has applied. I initially said no way but then read of his record in Finland at club level. Taken at face value it is pretty impressive.

Worth considering!

Ian Baraclough had a great record in Ireland. Titles, cups, the lot.

I think we need a proven name this time, with at least some experience of the game in Scotland.

Please Please Please do not even consider K Shiels for the job!

Talks the talk but has trouble backing it up, he would be horrendous for Motherwell or any other team in Scotland, do not go near him! The guy should be hounded back to the league of Ireland, that's about his level.

If he gets the job,turn the lights out and shut the doors, the game is over for you then.

Kenny Shiels quoted by the Beeb as saying he'd "love to be considered for the Motherwell job".

In other news, I can officially announce that I'd love to be considered for the Scotland job once WGS has been sacked/left us for a mediocre Championship side/led us to a glorious World Cup qualification.

Edit: don't know what I'm typing this morning :wacko:

I think it depends on a few things with Craigan. Specifically whether or not he actually wants to step up to a management role just now and that's where he sees his future career or whether he is happy enough gaining experience taking the u20s and doing his media work with BT.

Archived