Raith Rovers v Morton

We don't have the £250000 reqd.

Nope, this time the Boy Wonder is actually correct in what he says.

When we bought it there was the possibility of promotion to the top tier in the near future. If that had happened then the money would've been found to get the thing built.

When we diddn't go up, and actually went into short-term freefall instead, it would've been foolhardy and a complete waste of money to have built it over a part of the ground that would be hardly ever used.

As a comparison, Partick - who did go up - are obviously getting larger crowds than they did when in this division, but they've never seen the need to spend money on bringing the derelict terracing behind one of the goals into use.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be interesting to see if he is right in the squad. He'd been training for a while but will he have match fitness considering how we games he played in Romania. Either way an excellent signing. Wouldn't have expected us to have either Robertson or Daly at the start of the year, but that's football for you.

I'm not sure, but he may have played for the development team as there were trialists listed for last weeks game.

Nope, this time the Boy Wonder is actually correct in what he says.

When we bought it there was the possibility of promotion to the top tier in the near future. If that had happened then the money would've been found to get the thing built.

When we diddn't go up, and actually went into short-term freefall instead, it would've been foolhardy and a complete waste of money to have built it over a part of the ground that would be hardly ever used.

As a comparison, Partick - who did go up - are obviously getting larger crowds than they did when in this division, but they've never seen the need to spend money on bringing the derelict terracing behind one of the goals into use.

I thought you would have realised by now that he makes things up to suit his own agenda. Here is a link from your own local rag, basically stating that the thing's not going up because you don't have the £250000 needed to carry out the work..

We still have it. I think it'll only be used if and when we go up to the top tier; not much point spending a lot of money putting it up right now given the rare occasions that away support numbers mean that the Wee Dublin End has to be used.

Re your last line - EH?? What we bought from the MUrn is simply a cover for the WDE. It'll do nothing to alter the view from what's generally agreed by fans of every team to be a great place to watch a game from (well, so long as it ain't raining).

I think his last line was in reference to actually opening the Wee Dublin End for away fans if it had a roof instead of putting them in the Grandstand with it's pillars rather than changing the view of the WDE.

I thought you would have realised by now that he makes things up to suit his own agenda. Here is a link from your own local rag, basically stating that the thing's not going up because you don't have the £250000 needed to carry out the work..

Of course he does.

That article confirms what I posted, that we bought it with plans to have it built if we were promoted. We weren't, and a year later went down instead.

After the financial losses that that incurred, and the fact that we'll probably only use the WDE seven or eight times this season, of course we aren't looking at building it soon - why would we? And therefore there's no point in even attempting to source the funds or budget for it.

By my reckoning it'll take two successive good seasons (relatively speaking) in terms of income, plus the prospect of further improvements in income for at least one following season, before there is any sense in, or need to, that roof being built.

Wonder what Robertson is like these days? I recall he got a Scotland cap a while back and he's played at a decent level.

I'll find out shortly. I'm going for a hard fought 2-1 win for the Rovers.

The f**k?! :lol:

EDIT: When is Duffy going to learn that he doesn't actually have to wedge Tidser into the team?

Tidser will be in the middle of the park today because Forbes is on the bench. Which is absolutely where he should be playing every week.

We shouldn't be dropping the guy who has arguably been our best player to accommodate him. I'd have no problem seeing him on the bench.

I don't want Forbes to be dropped either but apparently he's carrying a knock. But I think if he's fit enough for the bench he's fit enough to play.

Archived