gay footballers

I'm not convinced by that argument to be honest. It's natural for any human being to have attractions to other humans, it's what they themselves find attractive to them. I prefer blondes, my mate prefers brunettes. I like them slim, my mate likes them curvy. Obviously this is woman I am talking about, what is it that make me attracted to blonde and slim girls? What is it that made my mate attracted to brunette and curvy girls?? Not a choice, or lifestyle etc, it's a natural attraction. The same way that some men are attracted to the same sex or some woman woman are attracted to the same sex. Then you have the whole, is the man attracted to a tall man or a short man, is the woman attracted to a blonde girl or a brunette girl. It's all about natural attraction, and that attraction obviously leads to love. I'd be interested to hear your opinions on why this isn't natural? The only thing that is not "natural" about same sex relationships is the biological fact they can't conceive, nothing else. Love and attraction is the same whether it is to the opposite sex or not  
I get slated here all the time and I honestly don't give a f**k. I'm quite happy to admit I used to hold intolerant views, most of us did but refuse to admit it because they're fucking perfect. Through my adult years I've got to know many gay guys either through work or friends who have since came out. I've became good pals with one of my wives pals in particular who is a gay man, probably one of the soundest guys I know. I've since become an advocate for equality, contribute financially to Stonewall Scotland and I'm not ashamed to admit that I've since been in a gay bar with a gay pal. Something I'd have never dreamed off when I was younger. Tell you what though, the music is fuckin class in them :lol: also was flattering when a lad we were chatting to for ages asked my wife if she can "leave us to it"!! :lol: 
I've reflected on my views and wisened up. Unfortunately a year ago I lost my church minister who had been battling cancer. Because of her passing, we the members were balloted by the Church of Scotland Kirk on whether we would accept a Gay minister. Firstly, it is saddening that such a poll had to take place, but secondly I was pleased that the church was moving in the right direction and I was proud to vote Yes to the option of a gay minister. In the end no gay minister was posted to the church however it was fantastic that the congregation voted with a large majority to accept.
Life is all about loving, and it doesn't matter who you love or what you love, it is accepting that fact. Football is a harsh sport with it's working class background, but change is happening and attitudes are changing. I like others are convinced that many gay men are professional footballers, I hope and pray they do come out public as this will start a trend and in 20 years time, hopefully we will look back in the same way we look back at racism in football (despite 2 sets of fucking idiots doing their best to keep it going)  
To all the idiots ready to line up to have a go at me for the wee jokes I've said, go for it.  

'I cannae be homophobic, i have gay pals/been in a gay bar/I voted for a gay minister'.

At least you haven't tried too hard to convince us tbqhwy.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Johnny Däpp said:

I'm not convinced by that argument to be honest. It's natural for any human being to have attractions to other humans, it's what they themselves find attractive to them. I prefer blondes, my mate prefers brunettes. I like them slim, my mate likes them curvy. Obviously this is woman I am talking about, what is it that make me attracted to blonde and slim girls? What is it that made my mate attracted to brunette and curvy girls?? Not a choice, or lifestyle etc, it's a natural attraction. The same way that some men are attracted to the same sex or some woman woman are attracted to the same sex. Then you have the whole, is the man attracted to a tall man or a short man, is the woman attracted to a blonde girl or a brunette girl. It's all about natural attraction, and that attraction obviously leads to love. I'd be interested to hear your opinions on why this isn't natural? The only thing that is not "natural" about same sex relationships is the biological fact they can't conceive, nothing else. Love and attraction is the same whether it is to the opposite sex or not  

I get slated here all the time and I honestly don't give a f**k. I'm quite happy to admit I used to hold intolerant views, most of us did but refuse to admit it because they're fucking perfect. Through my adult years I've got to know many gay guys either through work or friends who have since came out. I've became good pals with one of my wives pals in particular who is a gay man, probably one of the soundest guys I know. I've since become an advocate for equality, contribute financially to Stonewall Scotland and I'm not ashamed to admit that I've since been in a gay bar with a gay pal. Something I'd have never dreamed off when I was younger. Tell you what though, the music is fuckin class in them :lol: also was flattering when a lad we were chatting to for ages asked my wife if she can "leave us to it"!! :lol: 

I've reflected on my views and wisened up. Unfortunately a year ago I lost my church minister who had been battling cancer. Because of her passing, we the members were balloted by the Church of Scotland Kirk on whether we would accept a Gay minister. Firstly, it is saddening that such a poll had to take place, but secondly I was pleased that the church was moving in the right direction and I was proud to vote Yes to the option of a gay minister. In the end no gay minister was posted to the church however it was fantastic that the congregation voted with a large majority to accept.

Life is all about loving, and it doesn't matter who you love or what you love, it is accepting that fact. Football is a harsh sport with it's working class background, but change is happening and attitudes are changing. I like others are convinced that many gay men are professional footballers, I hope and pray they do come out public as this will start a trend and in 20 years time, hopefully we will look back in the same way we look back at racism in football (despite 2 sets of fucking idiots doing their best to keep it going)  

To all the idiots ready to line up to have a go at me for the wee jokes I've said, go for it.  

Nice post m8

Image result for nice post gif

16 minutes ago, Johnny Däpp said:

I get slated here all the time and I honestly don't give a f**k. I'm quite happy to admit I used to hold intolerant views, most of us did but refuse to admit it because they're fucking perfect

Wait, so because you "used" to be a vile homophobe, that means that other people must be as intolerant as you?

23 minutes ago, Johnny Däpp said:

c18.gif

21 minutes ago, Johnny Däpp said:

BINGO!

There are a lot of people out there who come out with things like Gunther has just done and they want to be seen as being tolerant towards gays, rather than genuinely not giving a f**k what other peoples sexual preference is which is the way it should be treated.

53 minutes ago, Johnny Däpp said:

Thats magnificent. I enjoyed it 

5 minutes ago, Johnny Däpp said:

You have a valid point mate. However it is not just a case of a player coming out as straight or gay, it is seen and assumed when they are pictures out with their other half. It's all about players not having to hide anything if you get where I'm coming from. 

It's pretty much where I'm getting at, I couldn't give a f**k what people are. That's why I'm all for equality so people are not discriminated against for being "different". We are all in different in our unique ways. 

Well from reading your posts it is clear that people being gay is clearly at the front of your mind and something in which you judge as the most important part of that person. This isn't an uncommon psychology to have on the matter but it suggests that you still haven't shaken off your homophobia you have just gone from one extreme to the other.

This article might help you, Gunther. It details how homophobes have a higher chance of actually being gay. Who knows, it might give you some piece of mind.

https://www.indy100.com/article/homophobia-gay-homosexual-closet-science-self-loathing-study-data-50-years-decriminalisation-7788016?amp

9 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

This article might help you, Gunther. It details how homophobes have a higher chance of actually being gay. Who knows, it might give you some piece of mind.

https://www.indy100.com/article/homophobia-gay-homosexual-closet-science-self-loathing-study-data-50-years-decriminalisation-7788016?amp

Think he's got a wife?

14 minutes ago, Johnny Däpp said:

You have a valid point mate. However it is not just a case of a player coming out as straight or gay, it is seen and assumed when they are pictures out with their other half. It's all about players not having to hide anything if you get where I'm coming from. 

It's pretty much where I'm getting at, I couldn't give a f**k what people are. That's why I'm all for equality so people are not discriminated against for being "different". We are all in different in our unique ways. 

The over compensation is strong with this one.

Surely it's not about not caring what sexuality that footballers are or not regarding it as an issue, and more to do with the fact that even if gay players shouldn't need to shout it from the rooftops, they equally shouldn't feel like they should take care to hide their sexuality from fans/public?

It's right to say that it doesn't matter if footballers are gay, but I think you need to take in to account the high profile position of footballers and that they could be role models to certain people.

For example, it's just been 50 years since the decriminalisation of homosexuality in England and Wales based on the 1957 Wolfenden Report, ten years prior. This recommended that the state had no business regulating sexual behaviour between two consenting adults in private.

The report was commissioned only after several high profile gay men were convicted of gross indecency, including Alan Turing, Lord Montagu and journalist (for, ironically, the Daily Mail) Peter Wildeblood.

The fact is that societal change often only stems from attention gathered from people in position of influence. Football is often still decades behind with regards to gay rights (I frequently hear shouts of "poof" etc at football matches) and I'd reason that a main cause for this is the lack of high profile out footballers.

So whilst we shouldn't care about the sexuality of a footballer, or pressure then to admit it, I'm a firm believer that change within the sport will never be as rapid as it would be if people felt brave enough to not hide the fact who they are.

Instead of churches having a vote on whether they should have a gay minister, maybe have a vote on whether it was the right thing or not for god to kill your church minister with cancer?

I have no interest in religion or homosexuality at all but i was in discussion with a minister from the Free Church who wasn't happy that there was a gay minister and there was a big uproar about it, he had a fair point though which was that the Bible clearly says homosexuality is wrong on numerous occasions so why should the church feel happy to support somebody who is going against the Bible, the very book they are trying to preach on to others? 

Archived