gay footballers

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:05, Andy_K_97 said:

I'm likely to lose it because a player is not trying/is a shitebag. That aside, they ALL get my support, even those I don't like or don't rate. If they prove me wrong then it's all good, both for me and the team.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

I am born into a family. I cannot change that. Fact. I can choose to have nothing to do with them.

Family circumstance. I an born into that circumstance. Fact. I can choose to leave those circumstances.

Sexuality. Who knows if I was born into it. I can choose to love who I want.

Your comparison's are shite. Apples and oranges

Have you ever been sexually attracted to a male?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

How do other sports compare to football (particularly British football) in terms of openly gay participants? I cant imagine there would be stats, because really why would there be, but someone must have a bit of a comparison going?

Women's tennis and women's field hockey don't appear to have any issues with coming out but that could be because the trailblazers have done it already...In addition, male figure skating has numerous openly gay participants.

Apologies if posted before  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LGBT_sportspeople

13 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

I am born into a family. I cannot change that. Fact. I can choose to have nothing to do with them.

Family circumstance. I an born into that circumstance. Fact. I can choose to leave those circumstances.

Sexuality. Who knows if I was born into it. I can choose to love who I want.

Your comparison's are shite. Apples and oranges

When homosexuality was illegal in Britain people would be subject to, aside from the obvious punishments for breaking the law, an assortment of brutal attempts at aversion therapy. With this in mind, and with the persistent abuse, resentment, discrimination and ostracising that LGBT+ have faced and still face today, why would anyone subject to any of this choose to still be attracted to people of the same sex?

ps please read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_therapy

15 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

When homosexuality was illegal in Britain people would be subject to, aside from the obvious punishments for breaking the law, an assortment of brutal attempts at aversion therapy. With this in mind, and with the persistent abuse, resentment, discrimination and ostracising that LGBT+ have faced and still face today, why would anyone subject to any of this choose to still be attracted to people of the same sex?

ps please read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_therapy

Are you saying that because something is difficult, no one should choose it?

Anyway , Im fed up playing devil's advocate. I actually dont believe all of what I've written.

I am amazed at the number of folk who blindly go along with the "I was born that way" philosophy without actually questioning it.

FWIW, I dont believe we are born straight or gay but I do believe it is an unconscious decision made very early on. Mostly from something within but I do believe circumstance plays a small part.

1 minute ago, whiskychimp said:

Are you saying that because something is difficult, no one should choose it?

I'm saying you're an idiot, but I'm also trying to understand how. What is your suggestion here? That people put up with all of that because they like a challenge?

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm saying you're an idiot, but I'm also trying to understand how. What is your suggestion here? That people put up with all of that because they like a challenge?

See my post above but you're assumption that people shouldnt do something becsuse of the consequences is abhorrent to me.

30 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Women's tennis and women's field hockey don't appear to have any issues with coming out but that could be because the trailblazers have done it already...In addition, male figure skating has numerous openly gay participants.

Apologies if posted before  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LGBT_sportspeople

A good few years ago, I dabbled in male field hockey. We had a match at some sports place not that far from Motherwell and whilst warming up for a match, 2 teams of female hockey players entered the next pitch from us. I couldn't take my eyes off them and to say I was slabbering would be an understatement. 1 of the guys in my team saw me and said, "don't bother with them, half of them are rug munchers". I've never felt so deflated, still affects me to this day :(

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

How do other sports compare to football (particularly British football) in terms of openly gay participants? I cant imagine there would be stats, because really why would there be, but someone must have a bit of a comparison going?

I don't know, but about 10 years ago one of my friends got a call-up for one of the home nations women's rugby squads (and that is as specific as I will be). They were all over in France and she conservatively estimated that about three-quarters of the girls there were gay. I don't know why you would have a higher incidence of gay women in rugby, but I was just disappointed that she didn't tell me any lurid stories of dressing-room goings-on. If the stories about the athletes' villages at Olympic Games are anything to go by, my assumption was that sportspeople were all exceedingly randy and would jump into bed with each other at the drop of a hat.

12 minutes ago, milton75 said:

I don't know, but about 10 years ago one of my friends got a call-up for one of the home nations women's rugby squads (and that is as specific as I will be). They were all over in France and she conservatively estimated that about three-quarters of the girls there were gay. I don't know why you would have a higher incidence of gay women in rugby, but I was just disappointed that she didn't tell me any lurid stories of dressing-room goings-on. If the stories about the athletes' villages at Olympic Games are anything to go by, my assumption was that sportspeople were all exceedingly randy and would jump into bed with each other at the drop of a hat.

Similarly, i know a girl who played for a SPFL women's youth side and she said that just under half the squad were gay, dunno if it was like a hivemind type thing or whatever but i found it quite interesting.

I saw the other day that there is a short film about to be released which basically shows a young lad who is gay being signed up by a Premiership side and the troubles he faces etc. 

Being close to East Sussex now, have watched Whitehawk play quite a few times, they are a side similar to the likes of Clapton/Dulwich Hamlet where they portrait themselves as open to everybody and won't discriminate against anyone. Watched them the other night play in a friendly and they spent 90 minutes singing songs such as "it's ok to be gay" and "come and hold hands with us". 

Took a mate a long, and he pointed out that the majority didn't seem arsed about the football, they were there simply to go for the atmosphere etc.

http://www.wonderkidfilm.co.uk/watch

29 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

I saw the other day that there is a short film about to be released which basically shows a young lad who is gay being signed up by a Premiership side and the troubles he faces etc. 

Being close to East Sussex now, have watched Whitehawk play quite a few times, they are a side similar to the likes of Clapton/Dulwich Hamlet where they portrait themselves as open to everybody and won't discriminate against anyone. Watched them the other night play in a friendly and they spent 90 minutes singing songs such as "it's ok to be gay" and "cum and hold hands with us". 

Took a mate a long, and he pointed out that the majority didn't seem arsed about the football, they were there simply to go for the atmosphere etc.

http://www.wonderkidfilm.co.uk/watch

Ftfy

40 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Mental how many bites whiskeychimp has got here. It's pretty shite trolling as well tbh. 

Shame on you all. 

You trolling with that spelling of whisky?

I thought the fact I pointed out I didn't believe what I was saying, in my very first post on the subject, would have given it away.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Däpp said:

I'm not convinced by that argument to be honest. It's natural for any human being to have attractions to other humans, it's what they themselves find attractive to them. I prefer blondes, my mate prefers brunettes. I like them slim, my mate likes them curvy. Obviously this is woman I am talking about, what is it that make me attracted to blonde and slim girls? What is it that made my mate attracted to brunette and curvy girls?? Not a choice, or lifestyle etc, it's a natural attraction. The same way that some men are attracted to the same sex or some woman woman are attracted to the same sex. Then you have the whole, is the man attracted to a tall man or a short man, is the woman attracted to a blonde girl or a brunette girl. It's all about natural attraction, and that attraction obviously leads to love. I'd be interested to hear your opinions on why this isn't natural? The only thing that is not "natural" about same sex relationships is the biological fact they can't conceive, nothing else. Love and attraction is the same whether it is to the opposite sex or not  

I get slated here all the time and I honestly don't give a f**k. I'm quite happy to admit I used to hold intolerant views, most of us did but refuse to admit it because they're fucking perfect. Through my adult years I've got to know many gay guys either through work or friends who have since came out. I've became good pals with one of my wives pals in particular who is a gay man, probably one of the soundest guys I know. I've since become an advocate for equality, contribute financially to Stonewall Scotland and I'm not ashamed to admit that I've since been in a gay bar with a gay pal. Something I'd have never dreamed off when I was younger. Tell you what though, the music is fuckin class in them :lol: also was flattering when a lad we were chatting to for ages asked my wife if she can "leave us to it"!! :lol: 

I've reflected on my views and wisened up. Unfortunately a year ago I lost my church minister who had been battling cancer. Because of her passing, we the members were balloted by the Church of Scotland Kirk on whether we would accept a Gay minister. Firstly, it is saddening that such a poll had to take place, but secondly I was pleased that the church was moving in the right direction and I was proud to vote Yes to the option of a gay minister. In the end no gay minister was posted to the church however it was fantastic that the congregation voted with a large majority to accept.

Life is all about loving, and it doesn't matter who you love or what you love, it is accepting that fact. Football is a harsh sport with it's working class background, but change is happening and attitudes are changing. I like others are convinced that many gay men are professional footballers, I hope and pray they do come out public as this will start a trend and in 20 years time, hopefully we will look back in the same way we look back at racism in football (despite 2 sets of fucking idiots doing their best to keep it going)  

To all the idiots ready to line up to have a go at me for the wee jokes I've said, you don't me and I don't know you so f**k you. 

:lol:

Archived