gay footballers

How do other sports compare to football (particularly British football) in terms of openly gay participants? I cant imagine there would be stats, because really why would there be, but someone must have a bit of a comparison going?

Would be very hard to tell, but the only high profile ones I can think of were Justin Fashanu. Gareth Thomas and two of the UK women's hockey team who are married to each other. I

I can only agree with others that the tabloids just want somebody to come out to help sell papers, without giving a shit about any abuse or reaction that the individual would then suffer.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Well in answer to your question.

No, not everyone chooses their sexual orientation. 

Why's that? 

I can't choose to be black or asian. I can't choose if I get cancer etc

I reckon I can choose everything else about me. Why are you so convinced you're programmed and not just influenced?

9 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Why's that? 

I can't choose to be black or asian. I can't choose if I get cancer etc

I reckon I can choose everything else about me. Why are you so convinced you're programmed and not just influenced?

I think most people stay with what they were thinking about when they had their first w**k. Sure, some people are less restricted, but it's not a conscious choice.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Ooooft....

I'l leave you to it.

Can't  come up with a response so acts offended by something completely unoffensive. Fair enough

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think most people stay with what they were thinking about when they had their first w**k. Sure, some people are less restricted, but it's not a conscious choice.

FFS, am I stuck with Madonna for life now? Boak

35 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

You're wrong, sorry about that. There's an awful lot of things about you that you can't choose. 

4 hours ago, whiskychimp said:

Im just playing devil's advocate but doesn't everyone choose their sexual orientation. 

Its not set in stone

4 hours ago, Daydream said:

No, I'm saying the exact opposite. You're either straight or gay. There's no choice.

Straight people can experiment with gay sex but they're still straight.

ecbe1e0a7986a066526d368e25f641b3.gif

Just now, whiskychimp said:

Such as?

Well, sexuality for a start. Race, Family, circumstances of your birth... 

Sexuality exists on a sliding scale in any case, from totally 100% heterosexual to totally 100% homosexual. You can be one or the other, or anything in between. What you can't do, is choose where you are. 

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

Well, sexuality for a start. Race, Family, circumstances of your birth... 

Sexuality exists on a sliding scale in any case, from totally 100% heterosexual to totally 100% homosexual. You can be one or the other, or anything in between. What you can't do, is choose where you are. 

You've just passed off your opinion as fact. 

Race, I mentioned

Family and circumstances of birth are thing that are not under your control so don't enter into it.

Just now, whiskychimp said:

You've just passed off your opinion as fact. 

Race, I mentioned

Family and circumstances of birth are thing that are not under your control so don't enter into it.

So, exactly the same as sexuality then?

You're at it. 

25 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

So, exactly the same as sexuality then?

You're at it. 

I am born into a family. I cannot change that. Fact. I can choose to have nothing to do with them.

Family circumstance. I an born into that circumstance. Fact. I can choose to leave those circumstances.

Sexuality. Who knows if I was born into it. I can choose to love who I want.

Your comparison's are shite. Apples and oranges

Archived