The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

I called it on the tory hypocrisy thread on the politics forum. Braverman and the media are 100% responsible for these right wing nutters descending on London. She effectively gave them carte-blanche and if the police fire in about them, despite their overt aggression and don't fire in about the Palestine march, even if they are merely walking down the street peacefully then she can ramp up the rhetoric again.

On 10/11/2023 at 10:55, Jeff Venom said:

It's completely possible to remember and be grateful for those who had no choice while not buying in to the present-day weaponised performance of wearing a cut out piece of red card. 

Dunno what bubble I'm living in but I didn't think this would come true for all to see inside 24 hours. 

25 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I called it on the tory hypocrisy thread on the politics forum. Braverman and the media are 100% responsible for these right wing nutters descending on London. She effectively gave them carte-blanche and if the police fire in about them, despite their overt aggression and don't fire in about the Palestine march, even if they are merely walking down the street peacefully then she can ramp up the rhetoric again.

Honestly can't see the Met truncheoning their off-duty colleagues mate.

16 hours ago, virginton said:

Buying a daft plastic or metal poppy does absolutely nothing to respect sacrifices made for freedom, when the British armed forces have fought as professionals in foreign countries only for nearly 80 fucking years. Because 99.9% of the people who fought in those conflicts are now dead. 

Sitting around in West Germany or Cyprus, 'defending' the Falkland Islands or acting as America's 51st (vassal) state across five continents for a monthly wage do not actually count as sacrifices for freedom

You’re right, but I didn’t say that anyway.

On 10/11/2023 at 09:31, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

I very much doubt it’s because people are being turned off by OTT displays.  People in general aren’t really bothered by that, although you’d be forgiven for thinking differently given the posts on here.

It's turned me off and most of the people I know man.

80 counter protestors arrested. Police actually protecting the Palestine march, according to BBC, more than 50 according to Sky.  Police actually seem to be doing the right thing so far.

Incidentally, Zelda off of Terrahawks presenting GB News is talking about anything except this. Funnily. 

Edited by coprolite