The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I thought it was a reference to that being their last home game before Hamilton on the 24th which, to be fair, is a reasonable excuse for Rangers moving everything forward although possibly not for the exuberant fiesta approach they tend to take to proceedings.

It turns out you were just being a contrarian and a bit dim.

No, it isn't a 'reasonable' excuse. Every club doesn't need to do one. If a club is away then why can't they just be part of the one the home club does?

It's all to be seen doing something.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:
What for this time? Crying tiny tears about asterisks and abusing the Report function?

Ironically, for using a PROSCRIBED TERM as he is so fond of wailing about. I won't repeat it for obvious reasons.

Image result for go on go on go on gif

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No, it isn't a 'reasonable' excuse. Every club doesn't need to do one. If a club is away then why can't they just be part of the one the home club does?

Ironic that Celtic, whose fan base is the most vocal opponent to the whole shit show, donate more to Poppy Scotland than any other individual Scottish side.

46 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's just become the Annual Remembering Competition, nothing more.

26 minutes ago, Gaz said:

It's just become the Annual Remembering Competition, nothing more.

Yup, but also I think a lot of clubs and people are afraid of being seen to not do it, or specifically the fallout they'd get from being seen not to do it.

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No, it isn't a 'reasonable' excuse. Every club doesn't need to do one. If a club is away then why can't they just be part of the one the home club does?Go to first new post

In my defence I did say "reasonable excuse" as opposed to  "unquestionable justification"

Is it true that Rangers FC didn’t give the donations to the Poppy Appeal and they spent the money on firing that cannon?

That would be peak Sevco.

Remember a few years ago they had a full stadium for their pomp day for ‘are boys’ and the generous punters dug deep and raised £3000 or something, about 10p per person at the game. But they held the crap out of a ‘tifo display’ card for ‘are boys’ and you cant measure that level of staunch loyalty against money which would actually help people. Indeed im sure all those disabled heroes were just chuffed to bits by all the money spent on abseiling troops and cannons when they returned to their homeless shelters.

Remember a few years ago they had a full stadium for their pomp day for ‘are boys’ and the generous punters dug deep and raised £3000 or something, about 10p per person at the game. But they held the crap out of a ‘tifo display’ card for ‘are boys’ and you cant measure that level of staunch loyalty against money which would actually help people. Indeed im sure all those disabled heroes were just chuffed to bits by all the money spent on abseiling troops and cannons when they returned to their homeless shelters.
Hopefully the disabled heroes don't read what kinky has been saying about disabled people.

Spotted my first poppy wearer here last week, much the same as in the UK 'forces' enthusiasts here tend to be raging fascists themselves who hate immigrants, natives and non-Christians, even though they never set foot in a church and are at best 2nd generation Canadian    

Edited by Torpar

18 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Spotted my first poppy wearer here last week, much the same as in the UK 'forces' enthusiasts here tend to be raging fascists themselves who hate immigrants, natives and non-Christians, even though they never set foot in a church and are at best 2nd generation Canadian    

Is that supposed to be a plus?

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

Is that supposed to be a plus?

I mean they claim to hate immigrants, forgetting that in most cases they are either the children or grandchildren of immigrants. And are therefore morons eg my mother in law

2 minutes ago, Torpar said:

I mean they claim to hate immigrants, forgetting that in most cases they are either the children or grandchildren of immigrants. And are therefore morons eg my mother in law

That goes without saying seeing as her daughter married you...

6 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

Their answer seems pretty good to me 

I'd have thought £3000 a year would be a small percentage of shirt sales, maybe not if it's only the poppy ones though.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd have thought £3000 a year would be a small percentage of shirt sales, maybe not if it's only the poppy ones though.

It's Hartlepool United.