The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

16 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

My experience of the Marines from Arbroath is blindsiding guys with pint glasses is more their pace.

A real disappointment to see my taxes paying to train killers with no panache whatsoever 

Had a few run ins with these boys and won some, lost some. The best was my mate playing imaginary tennis concluded in the best Royal Rumble I've participated in. 

The following week he was followed along the back of what was the bog post office in Dundee and heroically turned into the elephant man. They can fight but they like the pack mentality.

"Your poppy shows you care"

At least with that strapline all pretence of remeberance and making sure we dont send young folk to be gunned down all over the world doesn't happen again is totally gone.

4 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Is it just me or are there more Poppies about this year?

Isn't it now compulsory to wear a poppy in the UK? Failure to comply will see you stoned to death.

A moment (four minutes of confusion) ahead of the Peterhead v East Fife game yesterday. 

The ball got plucked from a plinth, which was bad enough. The players then lined up facing the main stand. Nobody knew what for. 

Out for the kick off, then the referee indicated something else. The players then congregated around the centre circle for a minutes' applause. 

The game kicked off at four minutes past three. Nobody is still any the wiser. 

Get this nonsense in the bin. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe