The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

12 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.thumb.png.0fa99ad8545bb41c8d2f0582d74cab29.png

Not remembering= a hosing

This is a bit of an optical illusion for me. It looks like the "lest we forget" bits are from the inside of the extinguisher, and that a rectangle has been cut out of the front. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Inverness getting into the spirit of it with a memorial bawbag on the roof of a community centre.

UXWMGD049DR0TGWFKG54.jpg

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/watch-rooftop-artist-returns-to-inverness-with-poppy-commun-331602/

The battle of the bulge

On 29/10/2023 at 18:16, Scary Bear said:

I’d also be interested if someone could pinpoint the year they started going overboard with the whole Remembrance thing. It’s probably unfair to single out Rangers. The English teams have went similarly nuts this last while.

iraq invasion,id say.smoke and mirrors and all that

20 hours ago, scottsdad said:

This is a bit of an optical illusion for me. It looks like the "lest we forget" bits are from the inside of the extinguisher, and that a rectangle has been cut out of the front. 

In pretty certain you're right - there is a rubber gasket around the cut out part to cover the sharp edges I'm sure.  I wouldn't be surprised if that grass is real grass - maybe from Wembley 1977!

I've a couple on order - I'll let you know when they arrive if I'm right.

On 01/11/2023 at 22:51, Leith Green said:

No political opportunism here at all. "Just happened to be passing, lads"

Is that that lad from the Tories? I always thought he was an oaf, but he can’t be all bad if he’s selflessly visiting factories and smiling at poppy people. He’s got my vote!

Well, he would have if I lived up North.

22 hours ago, scottsdad said:

They have, hence the black framing to stop people from cutting themselves on the edging when they inevitably reach their hand inside.