The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

Last year I was on the phone answering a query, nobody was forced to do anything and it wasn't even mentioned. If you want to show respect, feel free to do it in your own time and not tell everyone, especially me. I don't give a shit.

Personally I hold respect for everyone who had to endure both wars, but I don't choose to tell the world or wear a Poppy.

Anyway, here at 11:11 on the 11th carnival begins [emoji41]

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Last year I was on the phone answering a query, nobody was forced to do anything and it wasn't even mentioned. If you want to show respect, feel free to do it in your own time and not tell everyone, especially me. I don't give a shit.

Personally I hold respect for everyone who had to endure both wars, but I don't choose to tell the world or wear a Poppy.

Anyway, here at 11:11 on the 11th carnival begins emoji41.png

Big party in Köln? 

On 01/11/2017 at 19:04, Booker-T said:

Car bumper poppies are probably the biggest example of trying to outdo each other

Yes and some are so faded it's obvious they have been on for years!

As for not wearing it fair enough.  Just put a couple of pounds in the box.

5 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Not a single fucking person in Florida is wearing a Poppy. #disrespectful 

Same over here.  :angry:  For the 6th of August I might take the Enola Gay on a flyby. #howdoyoulikethemapples?

On 31/10/2017 at 15:23, Shandon Par said:

Italy's relationship to WW1 is a complex one. Italy would probably appreciate a few quid from Tesco's pizza profits considering they only finished paying for their involvement in WW1 in the 1970s. 

They shouldn't have gone to Wonga.

On 30/10/2017 at 18:09, DrewDon said:

It's sad that McClean feels it necessary to explain why he elected to abstain from sporting one; if it really is a personal choice, then nobody should feel compelled to explain to anybody else why they have decided not to wear one - and nobody should ask another person why they are not wearing one. 

Anyway, good news for fans of Dundee, St Johnstone and Motherwell; there's still time to purchase your half-and-half poppy-badge pin: https://www.poppyscotlandstore.com/poppyscotland-collections/scottish-league-football-pins-collection.html. Unfortunately for fans of Hearts, Hibs and Rangers, you will have to miss out for the time being. 

All sold out. EXCEPT ST JOHNSTONE. Shame on them. And they're playing Celtic tomorrow... coincidence? I think not. 

I for one will now be boycotting the game.