Watches

Further to my previous posts about my upcoming 40th birthday, I seem to be stuck in a constant “Seamaster. No, Speedmaster, No, Seamaster” loop.

I’m as decisive as Peter Pawlett I’m a 1v1. I’ve made no decision, and fallen over, hoping it will be made for me.

17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Further to my previous posts about my upcoming 40th birthday, I seem to be stuck in a constant “Seamaster. No, Speedmaster, No, Seamaster” loop.

I’m as decisive as Peter Pawlett I’m a 1v1. I’ve made no decision, and fallen over, hoping it will be made for me.

Buy both.😎

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Pawlett's a diving b*****d so go for the Seamaster.

(Your subconscious was already telling you this)

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Just to add something to the mix, the ceramic DSOTM is on sale at Ernest Jones just now.  It’s a stunning watch.   There is also an extra 15% off code floating about.  On top of that you can get 5 years interest free credit.  An absolute bargain. 

F5A5CF77-41A2-4631-9C16-BC5080C136AB.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Finally hunted down the Golden Turtle. Seiko SRPC44.

seiko.thumb.jpg.49ca9260069f480ca0fbe40873a0f6b4.jpg

seiko1.thumb.jpg.b07913db48edd0f396c35f73da7115e9.jpg

Well pleased. Thank you.

You could waited till you'd finished with the golden turtle head before taking those photos....no thank you 🤮 

enjoy the watch! Where did you finally manage to track it down from?

Edited by greendot
Congrats on the new watch btw

6 minutes ago, greendot said:

You could waited till you'd finished with the golden turtle head before taking those photos....no thank you 🤮 

enjoy the watch! Where did you finally manage to track it down from?

Well known auction site.

eta. best light in the bog for pics.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

45 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Well known auction site.

eta. best light in the bog for pics.

Aye fair enough.

I'm tempted by the Jayjay Okocha Jaeger Lecoutre Master Ultra Thin to add to my collection or possibly the Reverso.  Seem to be decent enough prices on Chrono24 for such a well known manufacturer 8)

7 minutes ago, greendot said:

Aye fair enough.

I'm tempted by the Jayjay Okocha Jaeger Lecoutre Master Ultra Thin to add to my collection or possibly the Reverso.  Seem to be decent enough prices on Chrono24 for such a well known manufacturer 8)

Excellent taste, thought about the Reverso, but the Datejust is my dress watch.

On 13/05/2021 at 13:49, Mark Connolly said:

Omega have made that decision easier with the revamped Seamaster 300 which I was just reading about.  I think it looks brilliant in SS with a black dial.  Will retail at about £5K:

828586711_seamasterss.thumb.png.64a497bb2019a5d2cdfe9deec19e9da1.png

They've also released a version in what they call 'bronze gold' which is a gold/copper/silver/palladium alloy with a blackened copper sandwich dial which, with my conservative tastes, is as near to a 'one watch to rule them all' as I have seen as it's both really elegant and also sporty.  I'd sell one of my well run-in kidneys to buy one:

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Omega have made that decision easier with the revamped Seamaster 300 which I was just reading about.  I think it looks brilliant in SS with a black dial.  Will retail at about £5K:

828586711_seamasterss.thumb.png.64a497bb2019a5d2cdfe9deec19e9da1.png

They've also released a version in what they call 'bronze gold' which is a gold/copper/silver/palladium alloy with a blackened copper sandwich dial which, with my conservative tastes, is as near to a 'one watch to rule them all' as I have seen as it's both really elegant and also sporty.  I'd sell one of my well run-in kidneys to buy one:

I'll see your Seamaster, and raise you the Snoopy.....

Omega-Speedmaster-Professional-Silver-Snoopy-50th-Anniversary-5.thumb.jpg.c2d7351588821988d40a841aaa005e02.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

It was on sale with £300 off, I fancied a moon phase watch, it's nice looking, this thread gave me inspiration and I had the conkers for once.

Raymond Weil automatic moon phase

IMG_20210601_172707785_HDR.thumb.jpg.c5ce340e081ae85aa2de7bd8b84ce577.jpg

Excellent Tam, fancy a moon phase, let us know how well it works.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It was on sale with £300 off, I fancied a moon phase watch, it's nice looking, this thread gave me inspiration and I had the conkers for once.

Raymond Weil automatic moon phase

IMG_20210601_172707785_HDR.thumb.jpg.c5ce340e081ae85aa2de7bd8b84ce577.jpg

Does it bark on the hour?

17 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
21 minutes ago, saint dave said:
My Mrs got me the 20% Blue Light discount from Goldsmiths for this...at least that's my excuse. 
IMG_20210603_192218__01.thumb.jpg.d7bb06442417d2bde970c758c5a6c621.jpg

Perfect fit, that's a really good case size for your wrist, I'm personally not a massive fan of chrono dials but that's not too cluttered so looks good.

I think the strap is one of the fitted ones , turns straight down after the lugs. 

• 1 month later...

Something a bit different for me this time.

Bought an ebay Ingersoll watch from 1965 to have a tinker with.  It was listed as having a probable mainspring issue (broken / missing) so I'll need to see if i can source that.  I've just opened up the back to take a look and things appear to be pretty clean in there but I'll have to get some watch oils and a couple of extra tools i think so i can 'practice' servicing it.  Only cost £14.99 delivered so haven't broke the bank with it!

ZwYPx7B.jpg