Watches

I'm not flash or flush enough to wear an expensive watch. My current watch is a Royal Engineer bomb disposal watch that I purchased on eBay for about 40 quid.

face1.jpg

that bomb disposal one- was it advertised "one careless previous owner"...? :rolleyes:

Comes with spare 2nd hand (still attached).

Grimbo

Some nice watches in here but this is my favourite so far.

I'm catching the 9:12am train from Hamilton Central this morning, Bert; any chance you could drop this off to me for a shot?

Damn shame I'm working today or I would have dropped it off.

I'm not flash or flush enough to wear an expensive watch. My current watch is a Royal Engineer bomb disposal watch that I purchased on eBay for about 40 quid.

face1.jpg

Probably cost about 1 quid and someone has slapped some Royal Engineer shite on it, waste of 40 quid.

I've got a casual watch, (black metal, does the job) and a fancy watch (brown leather). I find my wrist doesn't feel right without a watch.

Unfortunately there are aspects of my new job which mean I can't always wear my watch at work, due to health and safety reasons, and I've started to find the constant taking on and off of my watch to get annoying so I've started not bothering taking it to work. I still find myself looking at my wrist instinctively if I want to know the time.

I've also got a pocket watch, which I like but I so rarely wear a waistcoat (basically if I'm wearing a kilt at a wedding and that's it) it just sits unused 99% of the time.

I've got loads of watches but majority of them were very cheap to buy as they always end up broken when worn to work.

I have 3 Fossil chronographs as my "decent" ones. Although I fell in love with a Tag I saw in Argyll Arcade last week so the new goal is to save for that.

Edited by CLANCY2KTID

Mine was assembled in Yorkshire from a case, hands and crystals made in Germany and a movement from Switzerland (decorated Unitas 17 jewel hand winding, caliber 6498 if anyone cares).

saf.JPG

About once a week I forget to wind it up but otherwise it runs like clockwork.

That's beautiful.