Watches

Every collection should have a G-Shock in it. IMO. Great watch.

Couldn't agree more. Had this G-Shock for I think about 5 years now. Gets the odd bump here and there at work. Not a scratch. Strap totally intact. Best 'practical' watch I've ever had tbh. And when it eventually dies, I'll be immediately buying another.
3674c0325912597d2dc779bffa6224de.jpg

On 2/21/2017 at 14:09, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

After a load of scrimping and saving, I finally got my hands on the Tudor Heritage Black Bay.............

Tudor.thumb.png.1b10651aa2a29c45da3e69f849ff1f32.png

That's a beautiful and well-made watch.  How easy is it to change the bracelet?  It'd look terrific on a rubber strap.

On 2/22/2017 at 13:22, Jimbo Jagsfan said:

I use my grandfather's pocket watch on a daily basis. Key-wound John Forrest of London. Hallmarked silver case. Probably about 1900?

Key-wound pocket watches are rare.  Do you use a waistcoat?

My own granda had a 9ct gold pocket watch with Albert...my cousin inherited it and it's a lovely piece.

I can't remember if I've mentioned it on this thread before but I vowed never to buy a Pulsar watch after they mentioned Dundee United in one of their adverts, and not in a derogatory manner.

Does anyone on here have any more petty or bitter watch tales?

Eta: Just found a description of the ad and the reason behind it.

http://www.dundeeunited-mad.co.uk/roll/ed54/dundee_united__coolest_club_in_scotland_165220/index.shtml

Edited by Dee Man

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

That's a beautiful and well-made watch.  How easy is it to change the bracelet?  It'd look terrific on a rubber strap.

Unfortunately its a b*****d to get the spring bars out, think you need a special tool. You are right though, it does look better on an aftermarket strap. I want to put a brown leather nato strap on it. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I can't remember if I've mentioned it on this thread before but I vowed never to buy a Pulsar watch after they mentioned Dundee United in one of their adverts, and not in a derogatory manner.

http://www.dundeeunited-mad.co.uk/roll/ed54/dundee_united__coolest_club_in_scotland_165220/index.shtml

Dundee Utd = Pulsar.

Dundee FC = Patek Philippe.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I find such petty grudges quite heartwarming. 

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 00:18, The_Kincardine said:

Key-wound pocket watches are rare.  Do you use a waistcoat?

My own granda had a 9ct gold pocket watch with Albert...my cousin inherited it and it's a lovely piece.

The jacket I wear to work most days has 3 pockets inside left. Top one for diary, second (not so deep) for watch and bottom one for phone.

I also often put it in the top pocket of jackets with the chain and albert through the button hole in the lapel. 

6 hours ago, pittsburgh phil said:

I have the exact same watch for everyday wear...does the job!

I've never really worn a watch so want to try this out and see how i feel about it, after that might get a nicer one