Falkirk v Alloa

Aye, The Big Thread has been a touch onerous this past week - plus we've not had a game this week to keep me occupied.

It's hard not to sound like a supercilious, patronising c**t but I do take an interest in how other teams are doing in our league and watch out for results other than ours.

I also, of course, judge teams based on which teams' fans contribute to The BRALT and those teams whose fans behave like utter fannies on Rangers' match threads.

Thus far both Alloa and Falkirk are estimable ;)

Not patronising at all, it's the way things should be and you can bet some of your fellow bluenoses don't give a shit about any other teams result apart from Celtic and Chelsea.

You're all c***s by the way.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"here's to you Mr bob mchugh, Waspies love you more than you will know" in reference to two seasons ago we played you last game and got beat. All looked like we were in the playoffs until bob mchugh scored a 96th minute goal for Queen of the south in the only game left playing in Scotland (and possibly Britain I can't remember) to send Cowden to the playoffs.

Left at half time today, I don't usually do that. The game itself was quite frustrating as Falkirk were walking all over us but every now and then we'd knock the ball about quite fast and with some nice one touch stuff, we actually looked half decent in very small spells. Then we'd make a stray pass and let Falkirk walk all over us for another ten minutes.

That was amazing, I remember Scott Bain looking like his world was ending until the Bob McHugh news came in and he was celebrating like they'd won the league. Was a great moment.

I didn't realise at the time as I was in hospo that day but that goal for QOS from Mchugh blew my coupon.

There I was checking my 6 team accumulator and the only 1 letting me down was whoever Queens played that day

Other way round, surely? :whistle

Never ceases to amaze me how some supporters of the full time teams don,t get it.Getting into the championship as a part time side is as big as it gets.It also usually means a long hard season battling at the bottom of the table.Dumbarton,Alloa and Cowden have performed minor miracles in the last few years with only the Sons staying away from the relegation dogfight.Even they at the moment sit at the wrong end and they have signed players with higher league experience.You yourself state that you,re team were excellent in the previous two seasons yet you nearly went down in both.Bigger clubs then get you,re best players and you are back to square one.Best of luck for the rest of the season.

I like you, sir. Consider yourself my friend.

Can we have Jason Scotland on loan for a bit now? :ph34r:

"here's to you Mr bob mchugh, Waspies love you more than you will know" in reference to two seasons ago we played you last game and got beat. All looked like we were in the playoffs until bob mchugh scored a 96th minute goal for Queen of the south in the only game left playing in Scotland (and possibly Britain I can't remember) to send Cowden to the playoffs.

Left at half time today, I don't usually do that. The game itself was quite frustrating as Falkirk were walking all over us but every now and then we'd knock the ball about quite fast and with some nice one touch stuff, we actually looked half decent in very small spells. Then we'd make a stray pass and let Falkirk walk all over us for another ten minutes.

Yep I was at Cowdenbeath that day. We were already in the play-offs and played poorly. I actually felt a bit sorry for Cowdenbeath when we scored deep into stoppage time. McHugh scored that goal and then 3 in 2 games against Falkirk in the play-offs but we still went out. The game at Falkirk when we lost in the last seconds was gutting but was a great game between 2 very decent sides.

It's even simpler than that. The team of the previous two seasons was excellent. This is a new team and vastly inferior.

But surely playing a team game with four five or more superior players from the Chopra wage is only gonna improve you.

Easier said than done. I know but as a club that's expected to finish bottom two to have a player that's probably the highest paid player in the top 8 and not contribute like a BOB, where four or more players ala dumbarton do at a much lower cost....surely questions have to be asked

It cares nothing to me, but Alloa and teams in that area have no spine to want a football team, rugby or KFC....seems to be the aim

But surely playing a team game with four five or more superior players from the Chopra wage is only gonna improve you.

Easier said than done. I know but as a club that's expected to finish bottom two to have a player that's probably the highest paid player in the top 8 and not contribute like a BOB, where four or more players ala dumbarton do at a much lower cost....surely questions have to be asked

It cares nothing to me, but Alloa and teams in that area have no spine to want a football team, rugby or KFC....seems to be the aim

Jesus wept :lol:

Guest Back Post Misses

Jesus wept :lol:

Lot to say for someone who couldn't be arsed to drive 10 miles to see his team. Dust's point clearly demonstrated

Lot to say for someone who couldn't be arsed to drive 10 miles to see his team. Dust's point clearly demonstrated

Aye but I'd rather not drive the 10 miles and miss the game than drive the 10 miles and stand behind someone tall so I can't see the game :lol:

I think you're over estimating the money Chopra is on if you think we could get 4 or 5 good players in his place. Mediocrity in depth isn't going to improve our situation.

As for the rest, always best to try and avoid posting when you're drunk.

Guest Back Post Misses

Aye but I'd rather not drive the 10 miles and miss the game than drive the 10 miles and stand behind someone tall so I can't see the game :lol:

You won't have that issue at TFS.

Couldn't be arsed, aye? :rolleyes:

Some tremendous fantasies you have about what goes on at the football. You should write a book. It'll be a bestseller even if naebdy buys a copy, I'm sure.

Archived