Dundee United v St Johnstone, Saturday 21st November 2015

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst saints have played in a while (credit to united for that ) but in the end should have been more convincing from saints what with penalty miss and mackays freekick. For all the good play united had they only carved us down the once ( the goal ). Can understand why united fans happy with today's effort and performance but by sounds of it, this was your best performance for a good while but you still lost . A worrying sign surely ? Why united fans give rankin such a hard time I will never know. Thought him and souttar were excellent driving forward. Special mention to Murray Davidson today. Simply superb performance and starting to get back to his best . Good to win when not playing well

Worst saints have played in a while (credit to united for that ) but in the end should have been more convincing from saints what with penalty miss and mackays freekick. For all the good play united had they only carved us down the once ( the goal ). Can understand why united fans happy with today's effort and performance but by sounds of it, this was your best performance for a good while but you still lost . A worrying sign surely ? Why united fans give rankin such a hard time I will never know. Thought him and souttar were excellent driving forward. Special mention to Murray Davidson today. Simply superb performance and starting to get back to his best . Good to win when not playing well

Most Utd fans don't give Rankin a hard time. Also, Souttar is dreadful.

We opened you up for the telfer chance too. Should have been two up.

It wouldn't go overboard it wasn't a great performance just better than usual. Barely kicked a ball second half and worrying we had absolutely nothing to offer to break down a well organised ain't unit.

So that's the worst St J have played in a while, the best Utd have played in a while and they still got beat?

Utd are fucked.

So that's the worst St J have played in a while, the best Utd have played in a while and they still got beat?

Utd are fucked.

Indeed. We were missing our left sided midfielders (Lappin and Craig) and one of our best players this season in Cummins. We also lost Wotherspoon just after half time (he'd been limping for a good half an hour before that) and that was probably O'Halloran's poorest game of the season for us.

The fact we won the game is testament to the players on the park's attitude, especially after going 1-0 down. Prior to United's goal, they were excellent. Missing a final ball at times, but certainly didn't look like a team fighting relegation. The reality is though that we won the game and had the 2 best chances other than the goals. We were missing key players and didn't play very well. Biggest positive for United was the attitude displayed by their players. Last season, even earlier this season, they would've crumpled after going behind. They didn't today, but ultimately didn't really have the quality to cut us open too many times. Can only really remember a couple of saves that Mannus had to make to be honest.

Encouraging, despite the loss. Played some excellent stuff, particularly the first half, and should have been 2-0 up before St Johnstone equalised. Tough game against a good team, and we were unfortunate not to take anything. Gunning was good, Durnan looked better, Dillon patchy. Will need to see the goals again, but from my perspective looked like Szromnik (who didn't actually have much to do) flapped a bit.

Get this short goal kick nonsense to f**k, though. Continually put ourselves under unnecessary pressure.

Encouraging, despite the loss. Played some excellent stuff, particularly the first half, and should have been 2-0 up before St Johnstone equalised. Tough game against a good team, and we were unfortunate not to take anything. Gunning was good, Durnan looked better, Dillon patchy. Will need to see the goals again, but from my perspective looked like Szromnik (who didn't actually have much to do) flapped a bit.

Get this short goal kick nonsense to f**k, though. Continually put ourselves under unnecessary pressure.

If it is done properly then I would take that over an aimless punt to nobody every single time. Problem is the decision making from the keeper and the limited ability/panicking from the defenders. Constant high balls to small midfielders/strikers is a lottery, at least if you play it out from the back you have some kind of possession to work with.

Well I thought it was a half decent game. United played reasonably well in the first half, they had a few decent passages of play. Great goal from McKay after a quick one two, looked like it was going to be 1-0 at half time but somehow St Johnstone managed to score 2 in a couple of minutes when all they had mustered up before was a dangerous cross and a great free kick. Second half I thought United were pretty poor, decent battling performance but it was comfortable for St Johnstone, who I also thought were pretty poor.

For United, McKay/Spittal and Dixon were really good in the first half, Rankin was also quite decent. Souttar was pretty terrible, said it before but he's a good football player, he can play these 40 yard diagonals and have a great touch every now and then, but he has zero impact on the game, pointless. Gunning solid debut.

For St Johnstone I thought McKay and Anderson were fantastic, McLean was good, penalty miss aside, some good layoffs and touches. O'Halloran was very dangerous and caused problems all game.

The boy running on the pitch was hilarious, the stewards and polis didn't seem to know he was there, had the freedom of Tannadice. Absolute fanny. Must've been off his tits, my money is on it being TSAC. :ph34r:

If it is done properly then I would take that over an aimless punt to nobody every single time. Problem is the decision making from the keeper and the limited ability/panicking from the defenders. Constant high balls to small midfielders/strikers is a lottery, at least if you play it out from the back you have some kind of possession to work with.

St Johnstone clicked on to it pretty quickly and pressed us higher up the pitch as a result. If you've got the players to do it, fine. But we don't. Doubt even the Barcelona keeper would play a short goal kick to a centre half on his own by line.

Well I thought it was a half decent game. United played reasonably well in the first half, they had a few decent passages of play. Must've been off his tits, my money is on it being TSAC. :ph34r:

So United fans were saying they were strolling it and totally dominant, but a neutral sees it as reasonably well and a few decent passages of play? Which is the honest answer, Perthites?.

Also, odds on it was Tree House Tam, IMO.

St Johnstone clicked on to it pretty quickly and pressed us higher up the pitch as a result. If you've got the players to do it, fine. But we don't. Doubt even the Barcelona keeper would play a short goal kick to a centre half on his own by line.

That was fucking mental. I'm not sure I've EVER seen a goalie take a goal kick backwards before. And with a striker bearing down on the defender too. Bloody hell...

Engaging game but not great quality. Utd look far tougher and better organised than I've seen them for a while, if they keep battling like that I'd expect them to start getting points on the board. B Mackay is very good but so isolated, best I've seen Rankin play against us as usually I feel he's an overrated player. Souttar could be a player as he has obvious ability, but you just feel he cares more about making himself look good rather than the good of the team. He needs a real boot up the arse.

Murray Davidson was a warrior today. A god. A warrior god. A god of warriors.

Millar great too, especially after so few games. MOH always a threat but Christ just play the ball across.. So many times a touch too many or wants to beat the defender one more time. Such a great player to have but he should have three times the number of assists he does.

Mannus and three of the defenders were excellent.. Joe so so.

Great goal for Kane, and never stopped working but he needs to improve his hold up play as he lost it a lot. He was fouled often and not given but I thought he got knocked over far too easily as well and needs to work on that a bit. Maclean and Cummins are so good at it that hopefully he learns off them.

Enjoyable day in Dundee as ever. Great Saints support today.

That was fucking mental. I'm not sure I've EVER seen a goalie take a goal kick backwards before. And with a striker bearing down on the defender too. Bloody hell...

We're nothing if not innovative. Szromnik's obviously following instructions, or he thinks he's playing fives.

Archived