Dundee United v St Johnstone, Saturday 21st November 2015

Well I thought it was a half decent game. United played reasonably well in the first half, they had a few decent passages of play. Great goal from McKay after a quick one two, looked like it was going to be 1-0 at half time but somehow St Johnstone managed to score 2 in a couple of minutes when all they had mustered up before was a dangerous cross and a great free kick. Second half I thought United were pretty poor, decent battling performance but it was comfortable for St Johnstone, who I also thought were pretty poor.

For United, McKay/Spittal and Dixon were really good in the first half, Rankin was also quite decent. Souttar was pretty terrible, said it before but he's a good football player, he can play these 40 yard diagonals and have a great touch every now and then, but he has zero impact on the game, pointless. Gunning solid debut.

For St Johnstone I thought McKay and Anderson were fantastic, McLean was good, penalty miss aside, some good layoffs and touches. O'Halloran was very dangerous and caused problems all game.

The boy running on the pitch was hilarious, the stewards and polis didn't seem to know he was there, had the freedom of Tannadice. Absolute fanny. Must've been off his tits, my money is on it being TSAC. :ph34r:

Spittal was the wee fanny wearing 20 mate. You must be thinking of someone else.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So United fans were saying they were strolling it and totally dominant, but a neutral sees it as reasonably well and a few decent passages of play? Which is the honest answer, Perthites?.Also, odds on it was Tree House Tam, IMO.

Na mate I'd eat that wee c**t for breakfast ! Was on my best behaviour today, was with my youngest laddie. He says it wss his school pals being the fannies on the track and pitch.

The game was pretty even tbh.

St Johnstone clicked on to it pretty quickly and pressed us higher up the pitch as a result. If you've got the players to do it, fine. But we don't. Doubt even the Barcelona keeper would play a short goal kick to a centre half on his own by line.

There was a few hairy moments for you I'm sure, and one big cock up, but I have to say I thought Utd kept the ball from it most of the time and ended up driving forward thru the centre of midfield after starting play with it, especially in the first half.

Spittal was the wee fanny wearing 20 mate. You must be thinking of someone else.

Thought he done quite well in the first half but might be getting confused with Telfer?

I just checked and it was actually McGowan that made the 1st goal. I for some reason thought it was Spittal, was at the opposite end of the ET lower so was difficult to make out.

Reaction of players often a good indication of whether was dive or not. To a man every saints player responded immediately signifying that he dived. Think he skinned his man but failed to control ball and went down hoping for penalty. Hopefully camera catches it and more importantly BBC decide to show it. On another note, why did united player not see red for conceding penalty? Was it not deemed to be a goal scoring opportunity??

Thought he slipped. Didn't think it was a dive or pen but not a great view either.

Agree with above, I thought the ref bottled the red card, but need to see again.

That was my thoughts too. The surface was pretty slippy and he tried to turn very quickly, and fell over.

I'd like to see where exactly Kane was in relation to another covering defender when he was taken down. For my money his next touch, had e not been taken down, was a shot from 12-15 yards out with only the keeper to beat. Surely that's a clear goal scoring opportunity? The nearest defender looked to be a good 10+ yards inside him.

Re the pass outs from the keeper, how many times did we lose the ball from a pass out today? Compared to lumping it up to a 5ft 7" striker? Pretty sure we retained possession most of the time.

Exact afcukingmundo!

You can see why Mixu dropped Zwick for Szromnik - he wants the ball passed out from the back, and I for one am delighted to see it.

Exact afcukingmundo!

You can see why Mixu dropped Zwick for Szromnik - he wants the ball passed out from the back, and I for one am delighted to see it.

Me too. Kenny Shiels insisted his team do that against us and it cost them a goal a game. Fingers crossed Mixu does that against us constantly now too.

Exact afcukingmundo!

It's good to do every now and then but the Saints strikers caught on pretty quickly. From what I can remember you ended up losing the ball or getting put under pressure more often than not, it can work, but Srozmnik was doing it far too often IMO.

Sometimes you just need to get out, take the pressure off and get bodies up the park, might not always win the first ball, but get stuck in about the second and you'll be 50/60 yards further forward.

It's good to do every now and then but the Saints strikers caught on pretty quickly. From what I can remember you ended up losing the ball or getting put under pressure more often than not, it can work, but Srozmnik was doing it far too often IMO.

Sometimes you just need to get out, take the pressure off and get bodies up the park, might not always win the first ball, but get stuck in about the second and you'll be 50/60 yards further forward.

No thanks. It's easy to play it out from the back - and it was shown time and time again today.

Just needs coaching into the players, and it looks to me that Mixu has coached them pretty well thus far in this regard.

Admittedly, I don't think I'd want to see Calum Morris trying to pass it about at the back - so, not sure what'll happen there.

Me too. Kenny Shiels insisted his team do that against us and it cost them a goal a game. Fingers crossed Mixu does that against us constantly now too.

The more principled managers that "want the game played the right way" the better from a saints point of view.

If only we'd dealt with O'Halloran properly we would've won. Every single time he went down the outside and simply used his pace to get by and both goals came from it. All we needed was for Rankin to double up with Dixon on him for the first goal rather than hang around 10 yards away doing nothing and Dixon to do the same for Spittall at the 2nd. Simple shit like that is why we can't win games as you can't expect to concede 2 stupid goals a game and win a match. O'Halloran's that one dimensional if you showed him inside he'd probably just run straight into you trying to get to the byline anyway.

Archived