Dundee United v St Johnstone, Saturday 21st November 2015

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the moment I am looking forward to this. A wee break, some time for Mixu to work with the team, in many ways the season starts here for me. We have a run of games that could hopefully give us a decent boost in terms of points.

Looking forward to this too, first time in ages tbh.

At hospo for my Dad's birthday, last time we were there was for my birthday in Feb, against St Johnstone, we lost 0-2.

We almost always lose when we go to hospitality, unless we win or draw.

Very tough game for United to try and get their season going with. Should really be a comfortable-ish saints win. Will be a good gauge of Mixu's influence. I genuinely believe there's a decent team in there, but is Mixu the man to coax it out??!

1-2 saints. McKay penalty for United to set up a grand finale.

Mixu has had two weeks to give the boot up the arse to the players, hopefully it pays off. Thinking McKay to score as well as Scott Fraser, in a 2-1 win.

Hopefully United XI:

Zwick (or Szromnik)
McGowan Morris Dillon Dixon
Rankin
Fraser Spittal Telfer
McKay Taggart

ETA: LB and RB swapped

Mixu has had two weeks to give the boot up the arse to the players, hopefully it pays off. Thinking McKay to score as well as Scott Fraser, in a 2-1 win.

Hopefully United XI:

Zwick (or Szromnik)

Dixon Morris Dillon McGowan

Rankin

Fraser Spittal Telfer

McKay Taggart

Bold move switching Dixon to RB and McGowan to LB. Possibly the only defensive combination you've not tried tbf.

Hopefully United XI:

Zwick (or Szromnik)

Dixon Morris Dillon McGowan

Rankin

Fraser Spittal Telfer

McKay Taggart

I can't see Telfer getting another chance until the team starts winning some games and I suspect Taggart's wee run in the team might be coming to an end. I suspect we'll get the following -

Szromnik

Dillon - McGowan - Morris - Dixon

Souttar

Spittal - Rankin

Fraser

McKay - Murray

And I'd be relatively happy with that. I'd probably prefer Bodul to Murray but since he's been told he can leave I think that's unlikely.

Starting to feel uneasy about this, mixed with the feeling we're going to run riot. Despite the victories and performances im still convinced we've another level to hit, and we've still not completely dismantled anyone. United are long overdue a win against us though.

For the first time in a long time, I look at the Dundee United first team squad and think that there is not one player I would take ahead of those currently at Saints.

Billy McKay is one possibility, but think he would struggle to get himself in our team.

Starting to feel uneasy about this, mixed with the feeling we're going to run riot. Despite the victories and performances im still convinced we've another level to hit, and we've still not completely dismantled anyone. United are long overdue a win against us though.

We were pretty comfortable against Aberdeen.

Archived