Dundee United v St Johnstone, Saturday 21st November 2015

In my earlier posts I was referring to the fact that he's a tit and, potentially, a bad influence on the young, and possibly/probably, impressionable players we have at our club. I assume you don't need to reserve judgement on that, or on the fact that such things are important, or on the fact that there must be other free agents out there of comparable/superior ability that do not have a history of fuckwitery.

What's Gunning done in the past?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's Gunning done in the past?

Sent off in a Hibs game and wanted afters.

Made the sign of a local gang I the pitch.

In hock to local bookies for serious cash.

Kept company with some questionable Dundee characters.

At the moment I'm prepared to give Mixu the benefit of the doubt. If he feels he is an appropriate signing for the club and has worked with him closely enough to justify bringing him in then I will support it until it does or doesn't work out for us.

I don't like Gunning and, if memory serves, was ahead of the curve last time around in writing him off as a half-witted liability, but I'm likewise prepared to give Mixu the benefit of the doubt in terms of being able to rein in the p***kery. Neither Houston nor McNamara could do it but I think Mixu's a more assertive character than both.

Edit: Fucking autocorrect - p***kery, not trickery.

I find it hard to believe there are not better options out there than Gunning. Stupid signing IMO.

Come the transfer window (by which point our season could be well and truly Durnaned) there will undoubtedly be better options but at this point of the season maybe not. Gunnings final 6 months at us were shocking, he clearly couldn't give a f**k but played every week regardless. Think Mixu is a strong character and is less likely to stand for Gunnings antics. A back 4 of Dillon McGowan Gunning & Dixon is a far more experienced defence than we have been able to offer so far this season.

Come the transfer window (by which point our season could be well and truly Durnaned) there will undoubtedly be better options but at this point of the season maybe not. Gunnings final 6 months at us were shocking, he clearly couldn't give a f**k but played every week regardless. Think Mixu is a strong character and is less likely to stand for Gunnings antics. A back 4 of Dillon McGowan Gunning & Dixon is a far more experienced defence than we have been able to offer so far this season.

Short term deal is best for both parties. If he likes splashing the cash and playing the big " I am" then he needs to put in a decent shift to earn a new contract/ get a better offer somewhere else. If he's still up to his antics then he will get short shrift and be booted out. No loss if we can pick up someone better in the transfer window.

You'll recognise that this is a mixture of gossip and trivial nonsense, I'm sure.

I ignore most gossip but there's some I accept based on the sources. I don't doubt the veracity of the comments. I don't regard his on pitch fuckwitery as trivial. If you do then that's your right.

I ignore most gossip but there's some I accept based on the sources. I don't doubt the veracity of the comments. I don't regard his on pitch fuckwitery as trivial. If you do then that's your right.

Sorry, which bit are you suggesting I doubt? I'm perfectly up to speed on the fannying about on the pitch. I witnessed it first hand. The shite about making a silly sign and being in hock to bookies is a mixture of gossip and irrelevant nonsense.

Happy with the Gunning signing even tho he was a p***k before I'd rather him at centre half than Durnan, and think Mixu can get him sorted out if he thinks he's the 'I am'. I can see him starting tomorrow too, hopefully not next to Durnan tho

Happy with the Gunning signing even tho he was a p***k before I'd rather him at centre half than Durnan, and think Mixu can get him sorted out if he thinks he's the 'I am'. I can see him starting tomorrow too, hopefully not next to Durnan tho

I think Morris is back. In which case it'll be Morris plus AN Other, surely. Probably McGowan.

Can't wait for this. United are fucked.

I will be attending by myself, so there will be opportunities for you to corner me and beat me up. To make it easier for you to locate me, I'll grudgingly admit that I am quite a heavy boy and I look like I've been lobotomised. My name is Dylan.

I will be attending by myself, so there will be opportunities for you to corner me and beat me up. To make it easier for you to locate me, I'll grudgingly admit that I am quite a heavy boy and I look like I've been lobotomised. My name is Dylan.

Dylan would like that. Then he's going to eat you.

Granny, I'm assuming your recent prolonged abstinence from this forum was because you were getting too involved, euphemistically speaking. That being the case, why have you returned in such an obnoxious mood? Surely you're just going to end up too involved again.

Not sure what any of that means, but being unhappy with the resigning of Gunning hardly equates to obnoxious.

I've met TRS. He's not 'heavy' and his name's not Dylan. A lobotomy would suggest the preexistance of a brain so that's probably a false claim too.

Archived