Dundee United v St Johnstone, Saturday 21st November 2015

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it hard to believe there are not better options out there than Gunning. Stupid signing IMO.

We shall see. If we apply the theory that Gunning 'doesn't gie a shite', then perhaps he is one of the players that can play well when all around him are playing shite and feeling sorry for themselves.

He's a character too, so may help lift the dressing room.

We shall see. If we apply the theory that Gunning 'doesn't gie a shite', then perhaps he is one of the players that can play well when all around him are playing shite and feeling sorry for themselves.

He's a character too, so may help lift the dressing room.

If by character you mean fucking halfwit then I would agree. We still have a lot of young lads around the team, Gunning's the sort of influence we don't need.

I think Gunning will be a decent signing for you. Always capable of f**k up, but in the main solid enough. He is good at getting his nut in the end of a few corners as well.

For us, interesting to see how Tommy Wright lines up tomorrow. Hopefully Chris Kane starts. Big game for Wotherspoon as well. He was quoted in the media this week as being annoyed at being dropped for the Killie game and that he used that as motivation when he put in a fine performance in the second half. The challenge for him now is to produce that over 90 minutes. Too often he has gone missing and not offered as much as he can. Hopefully tomorrow is different.

Reserving judgement is always the easy option.

It's also in most cases the correct thing to do. Fair enough he has played for us previously but I'm not going to judge any signing until they've actually played some football.

It's also in most cases the correct thing to do. Fair enough he has played for us previously but I'm not going to judge any signing until they've actually played some football.

That's a bold statement. Care to justify it?

That's a bold statement. Care to justify it?

Just by the fact that judging a footballer before he has played any football is impossible (again I know we all have seen Gunning play for us before, albeit a few years ago in a different squad). I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Just by the fact that judging a footballer before he has played any football is impossible (again I know we all have seen Gunning play for us before, albeit a few years ago in a different squad). I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

In my earlier posts I was referring to the fact that he's a tit and, potentially, a bad influence on the young, and possibly/probably, impressionable players we have at our club. I assume you don't need to reserve judgement on that, or on the fact that such things are important, or on the fact that there must be other free agents out there of comparable/superior ability that do not have a history of fuckwitery.

In my earlier posts I was referring to the fact that he's a tit and, potentially, a bad influence on the young, and possibly/probably, impressionable players we have at our club. I assume you don't need to reserve judgement on that, or on the fact that such things are important, or on the fact that there must be other free agents out there of comparable/superior ability that do not have a history of fuckwitery.

At the moment I'm prepared to give Mixu the benefit of the doubt. If he feels he is an appropriate signing for the club and has worked with him closely enough to justify bringing him in then I will support it until it does or doesn't work out for us.

Archived