Back to the escalator debate. There's a town in Southwest Scotland where I sometimes go which has one of those ghastly shopping malls. There's an up escalator and a down escalator. Between the two is a wide staircase. Shoppers queue to get on both escalators leaving the stairs to me - and Rudolph if he wants to come along.

Back to the escalator debate. There's a town in Southwest Scotland where I sometimes go which has one of those ghastly shopping malls. There's an up escalator and a down escalator. Between the two is a wide staircase. Shoppers queue to get on both escalators leaving the stairs to me - and Rudolph if he wants to come along.

Yep, that's exactly what I do in Debenhams in Glasgow and at Braehead - ignore the upscalator and the downscalator and take the centre stairs.

While I still can.......

Yes.

RIGHT, initiation time then - I'll fetch the goat..............

I hated my initiation. The goat only had one teat and the milk tasted rank.

Surely a strong dislike for 4Music and TFI Friday (or anything else with Chris Evans) are also plus points in gaining membership to the MFAD Club.

Ya know the advert were the young un as run out of ice but they need it cos they are havin a party? So the c**t goes out in the ice to go the shops.

Well just stop there young man.

Now fellow club duffonians think back to when you was a teen, did you ever go to a party where they had ice, ffs we never had glasses never-fuckin-mind ice.

& whilst I'm at it, if ice was so fuckin important then surely a look out in their back garden they could have pulled some icicles off the wall, use a bit of ingenuity you useless pair of c***s

On another theme whilst we are in party mode

Have any of you shagged a scouser? Fuckin whiny nasally accent. I couldn't force myself to do it, strange that I don't mind a bit of Cilla on the wireless though.

Have any of you shagged a scouser? Fuckin whiny nasally accent. I couldn't force myself to do it, strange that I don't mind a bit of Cilla on the wireless though.

Yeah. Didn't mind the accent that much, but I missed those hubcaps for years after.

Rudi I think the young uns call them trims now. Nowt like the highly polished hub caps of yore though. I feel your pain.

Back around 1970 my dad was buying a new Hillman Hunter (a cracking car as I remember it) and one thing that fascinated me in the list of extras was a "wheel embellisher kit", which I badgered him into going for.

Turned out to be 4 chromed halo-like discs that covered the last 2 inches between hubcap and tyrewall.

WHAT a letdown. :lol:

Edited to add - just seen Bigmouth's post below, which brings back memories as my dad had a blue Super Minx in the 60s. You can see the wheel embellishers in the pic! :thumsup2

But my auld memory was letting me down re timescales - the Hunter was about 1974, not 1970. in 1970 it was a bright red Hillman Avenger, the car I passed my test in, and it had fitted an eight-track cartridge player, a piece of clunky late-60s technology which thanks to Phillips and the Compact Cassette had as short a lifespan as the Betamax video recorder and the mini-disc player. Them were the days!

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

Speaking of Hillmans my old man had the 'super minx', get the starting handle out dad, and crank her up.

64__Super_Minx.jpg

I had a Humber Sceptre which was the deluxe version of this car. Cost me £120 and used to jump out of third gear when decelerating. Had it for a couple of years then a guy drove into the side of me and caused a fair bit of damage. Got £85 back fro him; so £35 depreciation over two years.

I had a Humber Sceptre which was the deluxe version of this car. Cost me £120 and used to jump out of third gear when decelerating. Had it for a couple of years then a guy drove into the side of me and caused a fair bit of damage. Got £85 back fro him; so £35 depreciation over two years.

Surprised he caused any damage, the thing was built like a tank, and must have weighed about 4 ton.

Surprised he caused any damage, the thing was built like a tank, and must have weighed about 4 ton.

Aye they were certainly sturdy. The Sceptre was comfy as f**k too, big padded upholsterery.

The guy went right into the side of the car at the bottom of Blackness Avenue. Immediately after the collission the driver behind him got out and started shouting at him for pulling out from a previous junction in front of him. Guy must have been having a bad day!

The Loreburne in Dumfries?

Certainly were. This was my first car when I was 17. cost me £ 32

Coming up from Dumfries to Glasgow one day came round a bend on the A74 to be confronted by an upturned caravan, police already on the scene.

I hammered on the brakes which locked and went into a sideways skid at 70mph. Can still see the polis diving out the way like skittles. Hit and demolished a dry state dyke but the car was ok other than the axle was bent which meant it was a write off.

I was totally unscathed despite not wearing a seatbelt