Killie v Thistle

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Higgy to score first and give it the "Gary Harkins" treatment to our fans followed by a surging comeback from Thistle for 3-1, followed by Higgy going absolutely apeshit at fulltime and getting sent off would be ace.

Not as likely as him setting up a Kris Boyd/Magennis winner, but ace nonetheless.

Bit weird to think of Balatoni playing against Thistle - absolute rock in the season we went up and generally did well enough in the top flight for us, albeit only in very select central defensive partnerships, and his 100MPH header against Dunfermline remains one of my favourite ever headed Thistle goals.

Higgy to score first and give it the "Gary Harkins" treatment to our fans followed by a surging comeback from Thistle for 3-1, followed by Higgy going absolutely apeshit at fulltime and getting sent off would be ace.

Not as likely as him setting up a Kris Boyd/Magennis winner, but ace nonetheless.

Bit weird to think of Balatoni playing against Thistle - absolute rock in the season we went up and generally did well enough in the top flight for us, albeit only in very select central defensive partnerships, and his 100MPH header against Dunfermline remains one of my favourite ever headed Thistle goals.

Balatoni was a nightmare for the vast majority of his time in the Premiership with us. He was decent for a short spell at the end of last season when he had someone competent alongside him, but by and large, he was a bomb scare.

Kilmarnock fans in relevance scrambling shock horror.

Your teams shite, your fans are shite, your stadiums shite and your towns shite.

Yet somehow still better than your team, your fans and your stadium. You can keep the town but it's hardly perfect.

Looking forward to this as it's my birthday weekend. I may go raj and get the train down with a cargo. Few pints in the town then back up the road. I may even go to the game...

Unfortunately I've got a half shift on Sunday...should be productive :whistle

jagfox99 official prediction: KFC 2 (Brian Gallagher hat-trick) PTFC 2 (Brian Gallagher hat-trick)

A couple of questions for the Killie Bhoys.

1) Is there still a Wimpy in the town centre?

2) Does Conrad Balatoni still fall down a lot? Not in a divey way just as if he is wearing the wrong length of stud.

Thank you x

Balatoni was a nightmare for the vast majority of his time in the Premiership with us. He was decent for a short spell at the end of last season when he had someone competent alongside him, but by and large, he was a bomb scare.

This.

But I'm also not surprised Killie's defence has improved since he's signing for him. Balatoni would look like Carles Puyol next to that Ashcroft boy.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I mind him slipping up a couple of times at awful times and his defending against Hamilton for Scotland's winner at Firhill in a 2-1 win for Accies needed to be seen to be believed, but I thought he was okay overall.

Perhaps my memory is clouded by, as you say, a decent short spell or that he was better than Muirhead or Stupid Sexy Piccolo...

I hope hes as big a bomb scare on Saturday as he has been since he joined us..................... ;)

A couple of questions for the Killie Bhoys.

1) Is there still a Wimpy in the town centre?

2) Does Conrad Balatoni still fall down a lot? Not in a divey way just as if he is wearing the wrong length of stud.

Thank you x

1) Yes, in the Garage bowling complex, Grange Street (it's a 5-10 minute walk to the stadium).

2) Eh?

2) Eh?

Balatoni used to slip and fall on his arse quite regularly for us. Often when he was the last man defending or in other crucial situations. Good player for the Jags over the years and seems like a generally decent guy, but we lost a few goals in the past couple of years thanks to him decking it, so it would be nice if he was still doing that and it leads to a Thistle goal on Saturday.

I think it's harsh to say Balatoni was a nightmare in the Premiership for us. I thought he did okay at the start, then both he and Muirhead struggled - where the latter was dropped when it could've been either of them - and he went onto form a decent partnership with Mair. Then overall last season he was decent.

I wasn't crying when he left and I'd now say that I'm actually glad he's gone as it's allowed Lindsay to come through - but I'd give him a 7/10 for his time with us.

The b*****d should be in Greece or Holland by now though. So f**k him in that respect.

He was good at the end of last season when he made a solid partnership with Frans, would have been no loss before that but was disappointed that he left just as soon as he began to adjust to this level. As others have said it's been good in that Hendry and Lindsay both made the step up. It's no joke though that he used to slip on his arse at least once every game, would have been funny if he wasn't playing for us.

He certainly wasn't shit though, if you want to see shit then look no further than Piccolo. His attempted clearance which let McFadden score in the 5-1 game is a particular highlight.

Balatoni was pretty solid apart from when players like Obadeyi or Magennis run at him. I'd like to see Amoo put him to the test. I also think Dools will have him on toast, then we can completely f**k him over by bringing on pure power in Pogba. Sorry Conrad. :(

Archived