St Mirren Relegation Express. Championship Edition.

mrcat1990

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't get the great escape, Jack Ross was manager at the start of October which doesn't to me = great escape. 
He has done a fantastic job but its took him 4 months to get a tune out the team.

Wasn't his team until he rebuilt it in January.

Lost 2 of our last 14 games with that team.

4 points from our opening 14 games and finishing 7th merits it being labeled a great escape IMO.

Yeah it's a remarkable turnaround. It's lunacy to suggest otherwise. The Great Escape is a bit of a cringy tag but in football terms it's about as close as you're gonna get.  

St Mirren were labelled as dead and buried by many posters, me included, by January. Happy to hold my hands up and admit I got it wrong. 

St Mirren fans on here are decent for the most part, except Lex who is a despicable Tory c**t. 

2 minutes ago, Div said:

Wasn't his team until he rebuilt it in January.

Lost 2 of our last 14 games with that team.

4 points from our opening 14 games and finishing 7th merits it being labeled a great escape IMO.

Doesn't the term manager =  manage ?

If he arrived late January and got the results he did,I'd perhaps class it as great escape but not October.

We had a season under Elvis where we were bottom, had 2 wins up until last week of November and still finished 3rd, I wouldn't class that as a great escape

47 minutes ago, MrDust said:

If he arrived late January and got the results he did,I'd perhaps class it as great escape but not October.

We had a season under Elvis where we were bottom, had 2 wins up until last week of November and still finished 3rd, I wouldn't class that as a great escape

giphy.gif

ITT: people who wanted to laugh at us for being relegation dead certs, and now people who want to downplay the achievement in escaping that. :huh:

We still only had two wins on the board in late January: pro rata, we were only due to get one more win for the rest of the season. The fact that we went on to become the team we did, under the same manager, surely only underlines how much of a mess we were in when he arrived.

TBH, I doubt most of us could give a shit if you think it was a great escape or not. We're happy calling it that and it feels good, so...

St.Mirren's third league win of the season came on February 25th.

You're right, the term manager = manage but you can only manage the resources at your disposal.

Imagine if you're a horse trainer and you take up a new job at a stable, to find the only "horse" there is actually a donkey. You wouldn't expect him to manage said donkey on to grand national glory would you? You would expect him to source his own stallion and manage it on to glory - which our Jack has pretty much done from January onwards, which = great escape. Let us have our moment, thanks.

14 minutes ago, DWBud said:

Imagine if you're a horse trainer and you take up a new job at a stable, to find the only "horse" there is actually a donkey. You wouldn't expect him to manage said donkey on to grand national glory would you? You would expect him to source his own stallion and manage it on to glory - which our Jack has pretty much done from January onwards, which = great escape. Let us have our moment, thanks.

This ^^^

All whataboutery really.

All I'd say is that there isn't a single Saints fan on the planet who isn't in a very good place right now with everything around the club.

Jack and the players have brought the fun and enjoyment back and the 4 year hangover from winning the League Cup finally looks like being shaken off.

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

I don't get the great escape, Jack Ross was manager at the start of October which doesn't to me = great escape. 

He has done a fantastic job but its took him 4 months to get a tune out the team.

Your quite right, I think most of expect someone to come in and shit fest it to respectability like Rae did last year.

Ross instead tried to make us into a football team. It took a long time to fix. 

In spite of everything, up to seven of the starting team were there when he arrived. 

Part one get the team to go forward and start scorin

On 02/01/2017 at 20:12, Demented Zebra said:

Love it. Dont worry we wont go down unlike Morton we will not be lost in the wilderness of Scottish football. However keep your pish coming as it will be a laugh for us come the end of the season. To see Ayr & Morton celebrate as if they won a cup final getting a draw against us is hilarious showing just how small man syndrome they are. Morton I understand as they are the pish local team with a history that will never match St Mirren. But Ayr lol. 

On 02/01/2017 at 20:14, TheMessiah said:

Book-fucking-marked.

Get doon :lol::lol:

On 02/01/2017 at 20:16, Patrick Bateman said:

Demented indeed. 

On 02/01/2017 at 21:10, TheGoon said:

:lol: 

Sat here howling at this. Fucking hell.

On 02/01/2017 at 22:07, Panda Pies said:

Can somebody take that zebra to the vet please. Might need to get the big jag.

On 14/01/2017 at 17:03, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Capture.PNG

Asim Butt cementing his status as the funniest Morton poster with this cracking effort! :lol: 

Sorry folks....just having a wee bit of light entertainment on a Sunday by reading back through this thread. It starts getting good about page 40 when we go to our 14th game without a win.

Archived