SPOTY

A sense of belonging

Who should win?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A guy whos worked like f**k his entire career and managed to reach the pinnacle of a sport at the age of 27?

Yeah, what a shit example to set.

FWIW i had no idea about his outspoken views, like most folk, until a minority suddenly decided to turn it into headline news.

Calm down princess.

I can't deny him his title, he won that fair and square and I've not seen anyone say he doesn't deserve his title but it was hardly a performance that will be talked about in years to come, in fact I'm struggling to recall any of his combinations.

My point is the BBC should never have added him to the list given the controversy that surrounded him. There was also the incident with Oli Holt.

Calm down princess.

I can't deny him his title, he won that fair and square and I've not seen anyone say he doesn't deserve his title but it was hardly a performance that will be talked about in years to come, in fact I'm struggling to recall any of his combinations.

My point is the BBC should never have added him to the list given the controversy that surrounded him. There was also the incident with Oli Holt.

So people with different opinions shouldn't be allowed to enter?

So people with different opinions shouldn't be allowed to enter?

Wanting homosexuals persecuted and threating to have your 6ft 6 pal stamp on the head of a journalist who calls you out on that view transcends slightly higher than simply having a different opinion.

The boy is a giant c**t of a man and I would rather he didn't scoop the prize.

As much as I love Andy Murray I dont think he win SPOTY.

Davis Cup was won with a ridiculously easy draw where he didn't have to face decent opposition.

Rest of his year had been consistent but he didn't win a slam and was out classed by Djokovic and Federer.

Winning the team award would also be ridiculous given it was effectively a one man effort!

Lizzie Armitstead deserves to win IMO. World Champion in a genuinely competitive, hígh participation world wide sport. Can any of the others claim that?

Much as I'm an Andy Murray fan, no way he dererves it this year.

Can't say I'm a fan of Tyson Fury as a person but he deserves the prize for his achievement.

Managing to not be hit by an over the hill 40 yr old in weakest era of the entire division in the history of boxing? ? Aye ok......whereas likes of Murray break 80 years of failure by organic growth in arguably the greatest era of his sport....

Managing to not be hit by an over the hill 40 yr old in weakest era of the entire division in the history of boxing? ? Aye ok......whereas likes of Murray break 80 years of failure by organic growth in arguably the greatest era of his sport....

Era arguments in boxing aren't worth f**k all really. Joe Louis beat a shit load of bums but no one ever complains about that. It wasn't his fault. He is still respected as a great champion. The Klitschkos have been great fighters. Wlad was hopeless against Fury - maybe he's done, maybe he had an off night. The fact is though that he will be remembered as one of the greats.

Who exactly did Murray beat en route to winning the diddy world cup of tennis

Its been a good year for Murray - the Australian open final was absolutely enthralling and gruelling to the extreme and he played some of the most amazing tennis before having a heads gone and fading away. Was very good in the French and then outclassed by Federer at Wimbledon before the disappointment of losing to Anderson at the US. Winning the doubles matches with Jamie was great, the triumph against Hewit/Groth was very impressive and obviously he wasn't up against the best singles players there but you can only beat who's in front of you so it was still great for him. Don't think I'm calling out for him to win the award though as all this has done is remind us all of what a great player he is at this incredible time in tennis.

Tyson Fury and Lewis Hamilton both have appealing personalities so pretty much anyone but them would do just fine.

Who did Murray beat to win the Davis cup? Anyone of any note? How many majors did he win this year? Is what he should be judged on.

Its been a good year for Murray - the Australian open final was absolutely enthralling and gruelling to the extreme and he played some of the most amazing tennis before having a heads gone and fading away. Was very good in the French and then outclassed by Federer at Wimbledon before the disappointment of losing to Anderson at the US. Winning the doubles matches with Jamie was great, the triumph against Hewit/Groth was very impressive and obviously he wasn't up against the best singles players there but you can only beat who's in front of you so it was still great for him. Don't think I'm calling out for him to win the award though as all this has done is remind us all of what a great player he is at this incredible time in tennis.

Tyson Fury and Lewis Hamilton both have appealing personalities so pretty much anyone but them would do just fine.

Whats so appealing about them? Lolz

Fury is the epitome of the word personality, just a shame hes a bit of an idiot at times, i like him though.

Personally I'd never vote for a racing driver unless they all drove the same cars. Hamilton is the exact opposite from Fury, no personality at all and comes across as a complete w**k.