January Transfer Window

Erm yes, because obviously arranging a six month loan signing for the first team pretty much finishes the career of any youth players already at the club. An obvious 'well... we didn't really want him anyway' line in PR bullshit. Time will tell whether missing five goals from the bench from a McManus or similar option costs Falkirk dearly between now and May.

How's it gonna cost us? There's not a chance that we'll come anything less than third.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm yes, because obviously arranging a six month loan signing for the first team pretty much finishes the career of any youth players already at the club. An obvious 'well... we didn't really want him anyway' line in PR bullshit. Time will tell whether missing five goals from the bench from a McManus or similar option costs Falkirk dearly between now and May.

lol

How's it gonna cost us? There's not a chance that we'll come anything less than third.

You don't think a team below you can make up a 14 point gap in half a season - along with having two games in hand?

It's not as far fetched as you're making out.

ETA : Although I agree, it won't really 'cost' you as I believe you're destined for a playoff spot where you'd be taking part in the first stage.

Finishing third is not an achievement. If your club has any ambition of achieving promotion then your chances will come down to fine margins - such as being able to skip a round of the play-offs, and obviously winning the decisive matches. Being snubbed by a striker for your first team squad in January, then claiming 'well... we wanted to play a 17 year old we're lining up for that role in the future anyway' doesn't increase your chances of winning promotion, does absolutely nothing to strengthen your squad and is a hilarious piece of spin that your fanbase has seemingly swallowed whole.

The multi-club seethe generated by the return of Dece has been an entirely unexpected bonus from the deal btw.

Think its better if Falkirk fans just accept McManus chose a bigger club and Peter Houston will need to look elsewhere for a 1st choice striker.

Yeah you're totally not bothered about the whole thing. Go cry somewhere else and stop following Morton related posts looking for attention, sadsack.

Guest Back Post Misses

I don't know anything about this lad but Morton fans seem to rate him.

There was some talk of Thomas Grant going the other way with him coming to us. The last interview I heard with Houston discussing January signings all he said was with the emergence of O'Hara he was questioning the need for an extra striker.

We may have gone cold on this one who knows. No idea whether this will hurt us or not as I said I know little about him.

I still believe he has at least two players in his sights from down south however. Wait and see. No point in bringing someone if you are not sure if they are any better than you have or give you a different option.

No point in him swapping the bench at fleetwood for the bench at tfs i'd say is the main reason he's chosen morton. Guaranteed to start every game there.Hopefully mchugh will be back fit again soon and then your using a loan signing to keep out one of your own players. A striker is definitely not a priority for us especially one unproven at any level above league 1.

No point in him swapping the bench at fleetwood for the bench at tfs i'd say is the main reason he's chosen morton. Guaranteed to start every game there.Hopefully mchugh will be back fit again soon and then your using a loan signing to keep out one of your own players. A striker is definitely not a priority for us especially one unproven at any level above league 1.

^ this

Yeah you're totally not bothered about the whole thing. Go cry somewhere else and stop following Morton related posts looking for attention, sadsack.

I would happily avoid this topic if we hadn't been roped into this ridiculous topic.

Morton fans are a rather pathetic lot.

As a Falkirk fan I am more worried about clubs buying our players than bringing someone in but a couple of additions might just help keep us competitive in the latter stages.

Craig Reid's emergency loan deal is finished and he's away back to Motherwell, Luke Conlon's loan deal has been terminated and he's away back to Burnley. Never saw any semblance of a footballer in Conlon, that he represents Northern Ireland at U21 level is astonishing.

Alex Rae interviewed by Sportsound and claimed he's looking to bring in 3 or 4 players in January even if we can't move anyone on.

Archived