January Transfer Window

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm led to believe both Stanton's and Telfer's wages are being paid in full by there parent clubs, otherwise both deals wouldn't have happened.

I would doubt if you got them for nothing from what I heard United were touting Telfer around clubs over the last week or so to get him out on loan and were wanting a hefty fee for his loan.

Random question! How is it that Morton weren't allowed to play Tidser last season as he had played for 2 clubs yet Tony watt has been allowed to play for Blackburn Charlton and Cardiff this season?

The English lower divisions (below Premiership) are allowed to ignore the 2 club rule for domestic loan deals. It's compulsory in the top division but it's up to National Associations how far down they want to enforce it. Scotland enforces it throughout the SPFL but not below it (Fraser Morton from our u20's has played for 3 South of Scotland sides this season). It's also absolutely rigidly enforced by FIFA on any international transfer so even if Scotland wasn't enforcing through the top four divisions, Tidser still wouldn't have been allowed to play as his was an international transfer and he'd already played for two clubs.

However, if someone played for a Scottish club in August then moved to England before the window closed they could pretty much move as often as they liked in lower league loan deals in England thereafter. The one international transfer in that scenario was between clubs 1 and 2 so FIFA would be fine with it and thereafter they wouldn't be involved.

The English lower divisions (below Premiership) are allowed to ignore the 2 club rule for domestic loan deals

Possibly the same point you've made but Its because his loan at Cardiff was an "emergency loan" and doesnt count towards the two club tally.

Moses Duckrell has been released, would expect 1 or 2 more to follow later on.

Cheers

Alloa fans, am I correct in saying Scott McKenna has returned to Aberdeen and Michael Doyle has left the club?

Edit: MOH joins eh Ranjurs from St Johnstone

Cheers

Alloa fans, am I correct in saying Scott McKenna has returned to Aberdeen and Michael Doyle has left the club?

Edit: MOH joins eh Ranjurs from St Johnstone

Doyle on trial with Cork. Trying to get McKenna for longer but looks unlikely. Probably depends if Aberdeen conduct any more business today.

Archived