New Forth Road Bridge - Open/Closed still shit

D.A.F.C

Took an hour and 40 back to Kirkcaldy tonight though and even at that, I left work at 4 and overtook probably abut 1000 idiots queueing for the Clacks Bridge when Kincardine is open to all vehicles...

Ah,

The sign saying Right Hand Lane HGVs and Buses ONLY doesn't apply to you then?

Ah,

The sign saying Right Hand Lane HGVs and Buses ONLY doesn't apply to you then?

To be fair there's conflicting signs, a big electronic one says use both bridges and there's two standard signs left up from Monday (presumably) saying HGV/Buses only.

Traffic Scotland couldn't have been clearer on Twitter though. The bridge was buses/HGV's only on Monday, they realised the error and Kincardine is now open to all vehicles.

https://twitter.com/trafficscotland/status/674212881488064514

The policing of the A985 seemed to be non existent but I didn't have the balls to chance it.

If real, I'm quite impressed with this from Njord, very pragmatic.

Sleeping in a car, shiting in a plastic bag and cooking 'christmas dinner in a can' over a camping stove is nothing to apologise for and I admire Njord's independence of mind.

Nowhere near as embarrassing as being a Sellick-supporting c**t.

If it doesn't look like reopening in January then I'll have to move the other side of the water. My work have been very understanding and I'm even sure they'd allow me to work from home a couple of times a week long term... but I'm not sitting in five hours of traffic on the other two or three days. It's not worth it. Quite aside from anything else it's turned 200 miles of petrol weekly into 220 for two days of travel.

To be fair I'm young and will probably look to move to Edinburgh in the near future anyway, but others certainly aren't as lucky.

I'm also fortunate that my girlfriend stays in Stirling so I've just crashed there so far this week. 40 minutes to work at Newbridge. Happy days.

Took an hour and 40 back to Kirkcaldy tonight though and even at that, I left work at 4 and overtook probably abut 1000 idiots queueing for the Clacks Bridge when Kincardine is open to all vehicles...

I was about an hour and 50 Livingston tonight. Left at 4.40, arrived at home at 6.30pm. Traffic was ridiculous at Falkirk and at the Clacks bridge. But after that, not too bad. Did you go through Dunfermline? Or take the B road to Kelty and down the M90 towards Kirkcaldy?

If I worked nearer Edinburgh I would certainly take public transport, but public transport to Livingston (I work in the centre) is rubbish for trains (both stations aren't near the centre) the bus is a maybe, but with my shift times I don't fancy being stranded either...

Can't believe a half an hour commute has become a 120 mile round trip. Christmas and bills to (not) pay. Pretty fecking grim.

I was about an hour and 50 Livingston tonight. Left at 4.40, arrived at home at 6.30pm. Traffic was ridiculous at Falkirk and at the Clacks bridge. But after that, not too bad. Did you go through Dunfermline? Or take the B road to Kelty and down the M90 towards Kirkcaldy?

If I worked nearer Edinburgh I would certainly take public transport, but public transport to Livingston (I work in the centre) is rubbish for trains (both stations aren't near the centre) the bus is a maybe, but with my shift times I don't fancy being stranded either...

Can't believe a half an hour commute has become a 120 mile round trip. Christmas and bills to (not) pay. Pretty fecking grim.

Flirting-GIFS.gif

Anyone want to comment on the appropriate protocol on the Clack bridge heading south? It's down to one lane at the very end of the bridge but everyone appears to want to merge into the right hand lane before the lane closed warning signs even start. The first sign is 800 yards before the lane closes and this morning every other car was in the right hand lane before reaching that sign. That's half a fucking mile.

I tootled along in the left hand lane until the merge point and must have passed about a hundred cars in the process before slipping effortlessly into the right lane before the left lane closed. On the one hand I was like "err, is this cool, am I taking the piss? I feel like I'm taking the piss ", :unsure2: but then on the other hand I was more like " toot toot, coming through " :lol:.

On balance I feel that the latter position was justified but I'm open to comments, constructive, abusive or otherwise.

Edited by Pull My Strings

Anyone want to comment on the appropriate protocol on the Clack bridge heading south? It's down to one lane at the very end of the bridge but everyone appears to want to merge into the right hand lane before the lane closed warning signs even start. The first sign is 800 yards before the lane closes and this morning every other car was in the right hand lane before reaching that sign. That's half a fucking mile.

I tootled along in the left hand lane until the merge point and must have passed about a hundred cars in the process before slipping effortlessly into the right lane before the left lane closed. On the one hand I was like "err, is this cool, am I taking the piss? I feel like I'm taking the piss ", :unsure2: but then on the other hand I was more like " toot toot, coming through " :lol:.

On balance I feel that the latter position was justified but I'm open to comments, constructive, abusive or otherwise.

I've not seen it but if I'm reading it correctly and it tapers off like anytime 2 lanes go to one then I never understand why there are not 2 queues right up to the lanes merging with cars taking it in turn to merge as the sign suggests. This would shorten the length of the queue and stop the queue skipping and inevitable road rage.

I should be a traffic tsar or something, I really should.

Ace driver.

"Cowdenbeath have been forced to release midfielder Sam Orritt since the closure of the Forth Road Bridge has made his journey from the north of England even worse. (Sun)"

Nothing to do with the fact he wasn't very good.....great tactic to get rid of players we don't want :lol:

SNPbad.

A lass I used to work with posted on FB the other day that she believes there's nothing wrong with the bridge, but the SNP have closed it so that they can complete the (imaginary) "works" on it in super-quick time (probably before Christmas) so that they can claim they've saved the day well ahead of schedule.

Presumably the cracks have been photoshopped.

Edited by Gaz

A lass I used to work with posted on FB the other day that she believes there's nothing wrong with the bridge, but the SNP have closed it so that they can complete the (imaginary) "works" on it in super-quick time (probably before Christmas) so that they can claim they've saved the day well ahead of schedule.

Presumably the cracks have been photoshopped.

Best ive heard is that they used cheap chinese steel when it was built

18 pages and I can't be arsed going through it. Who gives a f**k about the FRB. If I had my way I'd shut the Tay Bridge as well and build a wall along the Clackmannanshire and Perth & Kinross borders and keep the c***s in. It means they can go back to fucking each other again!

The fog on the forth hides Fife! Thank f**k ????????????

Donald trumps pr advisor imo.