New Forth Road Bridge - Open/Closed still shit

D.A.F.C

My foreman lives in rosyth, had to get up at 4,then leave at 5, just to get to leith for 7.15. Ouch.

It took him an hour, from waking up to leaving the house?

Tell him to go to sleep in his work clothes, shave/shower last thing at night, and sleep in a sleeping bag, wedged up against the front door. He needs to arrange his alarm so that it rings at 5 and simultaneously triggers the door opening, causing him to fall out the house. You just saved him 60 minutes.

It took him an hour, from waking up to leaving the house?

Tell him to go to sleep in his work clothes, shave/shower last thing at night, and sleep in a sleeping bag, wedged up against the front door. He needs to arrange his alarm so that it rings at 5 and simultaneously triggers the door opening, causing him to fall out the house. You just saved him 60 minutes.

If he slept in the car outside work he could get up at 7.10 have a piss and get in early to impress the boss.

Don't know why people find this funny. Scotland needs a strong Forth Road Bridge, IMO.

The bridge only holds up the road. So if we just lift the road and put it into the new bridge, does that mean the new bridge can be called "Forth Road Bridge" and claim to be 50 years old?

I've been surprised at how little disruption I've experienced today. Got the 9.25 train from Kirkcaldy to Edinburgh Waverley. Got the 19.00 train home. Got a seat on both. The 19.00 train that I'm on is now standing room only after Haymarket but it's not as busy as I expected.

10 minute commute from Glencarse to Perth took an hour this morning!

Tailbacks from the Friarton Bridge to the Broxden roundabout.

Bl**dy bridge, bl**dy weather, bl**dy fifers, bl**dy SNP, bl**dy Yes voters, bl**dy No voters, bl**dy commuters, bl**dy obnoxious drivers deliberately driving in the (faster) wrong lane until the very last minute, then holding all the other traffic up as they try to slip into the right lane ahead of the cones.

Bloody? That kind of emotive language totally detracts from your point. Disgraceful!

I've been surprised at how little disruption I've experienced today. Got the 9.25 train from Kirkcaldy to Edinburgh Waverley. Got the 19.00 train home. Got a seat on both. The 19.00 train that I'm on is now standing room only after Haymarket but it's not as busy as I expected.

As I said earlier, more than 70% of bridge traffic isn't commuters. Buses and trains won't help them.

As I said earlier, more than 70% of bridge traffic isn't commuters. Buses and trains won't help them.

Missed your earlier post. Where are the other 70% going? The majority are cars, so if they aren't commuting what are they doing crossing the bridge during rush hour?

Read elsewhere that a study showed that less than 30% of bridge traffic south is going to Edinburgh (despite Edinburgh Cooncil trying to spin the figures). Most traffic is going to Glasgow, Lothian, Central Belt or south so laying on buses and trains to Edinburgh City Centre isn't going to make a big difference.

Oh, I see. They are commuting to other destinations. Surely those punters still need to travel via Edinburgh to get to these destinations? Edited by Scary Bear

Driving to Dundee on Sunday is Kincardine bridge only open for HGV's?

You'd be diverted over the Clack's bridge, to head for Kinross/Dundee. Better off staying on the M9 to Dunblane, then head for Perth/Dundee. A longer journey, but will prob be quicker.

You'd be diverted over the Clack's bridge, to head for Kinross/Dundee. Better off staying on the M9 to Dunblane, then head for Perth/Dundee. A longer journey, but will prob be quicker.

So M9 to Dunblane then A9 to Perth. You reckon that'll be quicker even on a Sunday morning? I'll be leaving here mid morning.

Eh no, they might not be Edinburgh commuters, but that doesn't mean they're not commuters.

Point taken, but aren't all the extra buses and trains going to Edinburgh?

By all accounts the buses and trains weren't as busy as expected today which lends weight to the theory that they're not the answer.