Celtic V Motherwell 19/12/15

He certainly did. I see Aberdeen were beaten cup finalist that season too. Would have been interesting to see what Aberdeen would have achieved had he remained for a few seasons at least, although to be fair, I doubt he could have came anywhere near topping Ferguson's achievements.

Aye, no chance of that happening now, but season's like that haven't been unusual in our history.

Very true! A lot of people forget it was only 20 years ago when we were finishing 4th in the league, 94/95 season we finished 4th and won 11 out of 36 games and as an 11 year old this season ended up being my best moment as a Celtic fan at the time as we went on to win the Scottish Cup ....first trophy I remember us winning still remember big Pierre's header like it was yesterday.

Young Celtic fans today are very lucky to see a decent amount of success

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So McGhee said in his press conference that Ben Hall will definitely start, thoughts?

Apart from the fairly mental hyperbole from McGhee in his press conference it's fair enough. I thought it was odd he confirmed it given he's usually kept his team selection close to his chest.

Hall showed up well last Saturday and didn't really do anything wrong that would warrant benching him. You could second guess things but as McGhee has pointed out previously Kennedy is relatively inexperienced as well and Laing was playing for the u20s last night and hasn't been a first team pick for a while, so I'm not sure that playing him is really any more of a risk.

The team picks itself at the moment. Same XI as last week.

May as well give it a go and see what happens. Hopefully we avoid any injuries though, big game at Tannadice the following week.

Don't really know what to expect today. Kind of game where we'll either win 4-0, or lose 1-0. Hope Allan starts, a good run of games and hopefully we'll see the best of him. Part from that the team should be pretty simple, same as usually, Ciftci up front till Griffiths is back.

Yeah you could always spend the day in Motherwell :lol:

1ew520.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

2ntcyes.jpg

:thumsup2

Go to Motherwell station at 2pm today and you'll see hordes of unwashed, tracksuit clad scumbags all heading for the game today. The absolute dregs of North Lanarkshire.

The only thing is, they'll be wearing green and grey, not claret and amber.

Hope this helps.

2ntcyes.jpg

A boy in that picture got sacked after it appeared in the Record.

I love a good karma story.

The guy complained to Watchdog that the papers had gotten him the sack and they were making that symbol in the photo as the photographer had asked them "to wave and look lively", it was rightly thrown out when his Facebook page was brought up with thousands of swastikas on it. There was also a Celtic fan there who "just went onto the step to be in the photo, but left straight after"

Griffiths still out injured. Dare I suggest Ronnie might give Cole an hour and start with 2 up front to see if its a viable plan B ?

Itching to see what Cole can give us, seemed keen enough to sign, I'll be surprised if he gives him a start today. We Can't see what the guys got to offer if he doesn't get him out their.

Celtic v @MotherwellFC Gordon; Lustig, Boyata, Simunovic, Tierney; Bitton, McGregor; Commons, Rogic, Forrest; Ciftci (MD)

Meh. Would've preferred Allan, but suppose Rogic has been playing well recently. C'est la vie

Archived