The Best and Worst of 2015

Best - 3-1 dens Derby - long time coming.

Worst - 6-2 Derby

Best moment - Bains save, Harkins shot, Zwicks flap, mcpakes slide, scenes.

On a personal level I really enjoyed Killie 4-0. Obviously the result and performance were excellent but more for the trip.

Drinking and daring from 8am, done my ankle ligaments, nearly lifted for provoking Afroman, Skins and co in what I thought was banter but likely deadly serious to them, night in Glasgow, no idea how I got home, woke up on living room floor in a kebab with various slogans and pictures drawn all over my body by the wife and kids, including FTD and I love Utd on my cheek and forehead.

Perfect away day.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best moment nominations: Beating Rijeka 3-0 in Croatia, Paul Quinn's winner against Celtic at Pittodrie in September, the first half of the 3-1 victory at Tynecastle the following weekend.

Best moment: I think it has to be Quinn's winner against Celtic. Having gone down to ten men and come from a goal behind, it was particularly sweet.

Worst moment nominations: Losing 4-0 to Celtic at Parkhead in March, being beaten at Hampden in the League Cup semi-final by Dundee United, being demolished 5-1 by St Johnstone at Pittodrie in October.

Worst moment: The loss to Dundee United at Hampden. It's a match I probably expected to win, and facing Celtic in the final could have been a great day out and potentially a very exciting game. The utterly avoidable nature of Ciftci's winner was particularly frustrating.

Best moment nominations: Beating Rijeka 3-0 in Croatia, Paul Quinn's winner against Celtic at Pittodrie in September, the first half of the 3-1 victory at Tynecastle the following weekend.

Best moment: I think it has to be Quinn's winner against Celtic. Having gone down to ten men and come from a goal behind, it was particularly sweet.

Worst moment nominations: Losing 4-0 to Celtic at Parkhead in March, being beaten at Hampden in the League Cup semi-final by Dundee United, being demolished 5-1 by St Johnstone at Pittodrie in October.

Worst moment: The loss to Dundee United at Hampden. It's a match I probably expected to win, and facing Celtic in the final could have been a great day out and potentially a very exciting game. The utterly avoidable nature of Ciftci's winner was particularly frustrating.

Cannot argue with the above other than to add in Scotland's non qualification for Euro 2016 as a nomination for biggest disappointment.

Best moment nominations: Beating St Mirren 3-0 at Firhill was sweet as, iirc, we lost 1-0 to them (James Dayton iirc) at Firhill a few months prior and it was cathartic to convincingly beat them later on. Plus Goodwin must have been raging having given it big licks in the 1-0 for St Mirren so it had an added giruy factor. Or the Motherwell win where Lyle Taylor was absolutely unplayable. Beating Dundee Utd 3-0 at Firhill, first win away at St Johnstone in years with two absolute screamers. Announcing we are debt free.

Best moment: Personally loved the St Mirren game the most. I think we were safe from automatic relegation at that point after beating Motherwell but could still have finished in the playoffs.

Worst moment nominations: The 4-0 home defeat to Hearts is sticking out fresh in the memory but there haven't really been too many - think the 4-0 loss to Hearts is our heaviest defeat since losing 6-0 to Celtic, though that was in 2014. The cup game against Inverness was poor. Getting outclassed/beaten by Falkirk was very, very poor but again from this season.

Worst moment: The 4-0 loss to Hearts was an absolute shambles, and probably the worst we've played under Archie. Ending with ex jambo Stevenson in goals after Scully getting sent off summed that day up.

Best - Duh. Winning the Scottish Cup. The semi-final was probably more of an emotional buzz than the final, simply because we didn't expect to win and the manner in which we did it was just amazing I don't think I've ever felt the way I did after a game the way I did then, absolutely drained, unable to speak.

The final itself was just torture, we did well in the first half and were a goal up but played poorly after the break and to lose a man and then an equaliser you were just thinking, that's that then. Then for James Vincent to score a goal like that was almost unreal.

Worst - Losing Ofere, Watkins and Shinnie was a bit of a sickener although predictable. Our form this season has been pretty depressing as well, especially the way we didn't turn up at all for the league cup game against County. If we'd won that game we'd be looking at a potential repeat of the above.

Best moment: The Inter game at home, we looked like we were going to get pumped and did brilliantly to catch up. Also, I actually got to be there, so it was a special occasion. I also enjoyed winning the league cup.

Worst: Can't decide between Malmo and Molde away. Probably Malmo, even if Molde was a worse performance. Losing the semi-final to Inverness has to be third.

Best: The ludicrous winning streak to turn around a 6 point defecit on Feb 14th to staying up pretty comfortably in the end. A rare cup run.

Worst: Losing twice at home to that tragic St Mirren side. The continued bottle jobs whenever we play ICT in Dingwall.

Guest Bushel o' Bricks

Best: The slaughtering of Sevco in the play-off. Two absolutely incredible, unforgettable days.

Worst: Spoiled for choice, but a 4-1 defeat to Dundee in January was something special in plumbing new depths in terms of performance, although bizarrely it was an enjoyable away day with non-stop singing despite the result. The 5-0 defeat to Hamilton on a freezing, soaking New Year's Day was a horrific experience. Honourable mentions to the insipid displays and 2-0 defeats in 'crucial' games to Partick Thistle and Hamilton in April.

Best: probably the 2-0 vs Motherwell, very rare for us to turn up in a big game like that and win comfortably, if we'd lost we'd have been right in the shit. The 2-1 at Dingwall the following week coming from behind was up there too.

Worst: the 2 cup exits, the Inverness game we got our tactics badly wrong and didn't change them until half time, by which time it was too late. The Falkirk game was a shambles, a pub team would have beaten us that night and I feared that we'd be relegated by Christmas based on our start. Fortunately we've turned it round at the moment.

Best moment: The Ross County pre-season tour to Budapest was pretty damn good, and getting to chat to the players and management after the games was a level of intimacy you wouldn't normally get, but the 4-0 victory away to Kilmarnock in August wins it for me. County were a total joy to watch in the first half as the goals flooded in.

Worst moment: The 2-1 home defeat to St Mirren in January was a particular low point. A few of us travelled up on the train from Edinburgh on a bitterly cold day and I had to remain sober because of a football-related foot injury and resultant painkillers. The 90th minute penalty was when I came to terms with the fact we were going to get relegated. We didn't in the end though, obviously, so it was nice to be have been wrong.

The fact that our best moment is clearly a result that occurred on the first day of the year sums up how utterly shite the rest of the year, Aberdeen semi apart, has been.

Best: NY derby; Aberdeen semi; Sacknamara day.

Worst: 2nd of February, shortly before the window slammed shut; just about every result since.

Best: Doolan scoring 4 against Accies with O'Donnell's goal against United and Freddie's strike at Dingwall not far behind.

Worst: Probably the loss to Killie at Firhill coupled with it coming on the same day as news of a family bereavement.

Archived