Boxing Day Football

Enigma

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Brom are 3/1 at Swansea. There is a risk that Pulis will play for a goalless draw, but Swansea haven't won in their last seven outings. Given that West Brom dropped points in injury time at Anfield and lost at home to Bournemouth, there's maybe an added incentive to play for three points here.

Likewise, I like the look of West Ham at Aston Villa and Leicester at Liverpool. Crystal Palace at Bournemouth is similarly attractive.

Motherwell are 2/1 to win at Tannadice. I'll almost certainly be including them on my accumulator, so I'd steer well clear given my recent fortunes.

Fourfold:

Aberdeen v ICT

Arbroath v East Stirling

Ayr v Brechin

Derby v Fulham

Pays somewhere around 4.5/1.

As others have mentioned, Stoke are great value at around 12/5 vs Man Utd. Arsenal at 11/10 away to an out of form Southampton side looks a good bet too. Quite annoying that one is the early kick off and the other is the night game though.

Missed the boat on 4/5 but Elgin at home at Montrose is surely a banker. Elgin have only dropped four points at home all season (two draws against Clyde and QP last week) and Montrose are pretty awful, especially away from home.

Traveling to Elgin to play a football game on Boxing Day sounds like my idea of hell so hopefully Montrose are feeling the same.

Missed the boat on 4/5 but Elgin at home at Montrose is surely a banker. Elgin have only dropped four points at home all season (two draws against Clyde and QP last week) and Montrose are pretty awful, especially away from home.

Traveling to Elgin to play a football game on Boxing Day sounds like my idea of hell so hopefully Montrose are feeling the same.

Good luck x

Wish I'd read this before putting my coupon on, only got 3/4. Put it in a 4fold along with St Johnstone, Motherwell and Clyde @ 48/1

Archived