Gardening Thread

I've no cash at moment to do anything much. Moved the washing line and stones around it. 25 22.5kg bags carried from my car as parking isn't by door.

The back bit was all rotten decking. So before the new kitchen and flooring went in I took it all out and through house. Over fence not option. Covered the area in weed liner for now. @Shandon Par or any others good at knocking a bit of decking together?! 

IMG_20230510_212324307.jpg

2 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I've no cash at moment to do anything much. Moved the washing line and stones around it. 25 22.5kg bags carried from my car as parking isn't by door.

The back bit was all rotten decking. So before the new kitchen and flooring went in I took it all out and through house. Over fence not option. Covered the area in weed liner for now. @Shandon Par or any others good at knocking a bit of decking together?! 

Don't get him, he'll end up looking like a Saudi thief after day 1.

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Don't get him, he'll end up looking like a Saudi thief after day 1.

I'm.bit concerned when I open the curtain Hedge cutters going be out there waving!

9 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I could paint the liner?

1 hour ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Got a bit more done this weekend. I messed up with the height. The seating part is too high to put your feet on the ground comfortably. I may have to put a step running along the bottom.

20230512_180636.jpg

20230514_152124.jpg

Looks like a set of stringers running along the underside of the cross braces and out about 8” or so would support a nice step at the right height….good planning.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to use an old Stove as a planter; please see below.

image.jpeg.0a5d6ac957a61fb7b0f77d50e53d902b.jpeg

The flue pipe will come out the back and emanate vertically, so I’ll fill it with soil and have some sort of plant that hangs down - fuschias perhaps.

On the top will sit a couple of plant pots or something.

Looking for advice for something that will grow inside the doors and flow out.  Thinking this may be tough given it’ll hardly see any sunlight.  Anyone got any ideas?

Edited by CarrbridgeSaintee

On 25/05/2023 at 02:49, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Looking to use an old Stove as a planter; please see below.

image.jpeg.0a5d6ac957a61fb7b0f77d50e53d902b.jpeg

The flue pipe will come out the back and emanate vertically, so I’ll fill it with soil and have some sort of plant that hangs down - fuschias perhaps.

On the top will sit a couple of plant pots or something.

Looking for advice for something that will grow inside the doors and flow out.  Thinking this may be tough given it’ll hardly see any sunlight.  Anyone got any ideas?

Assuming good drainage is established…perhaps something like Strawberry Begonia (Saxifraga stolonifera)?