Neddy cafes and takeaways

Snakebite

Any good roll / sandwich shops to suggest in Glasgow? Only good ones I can find are Panninis near Central and a wee roll shop just down the same street both are a good 15/20 minute walk for a decent lunch for me? Subways are fair wearing thin.

If you work near the top of town, I recommend Enzos, which is beside The Flying Duck. They do your standard rolls/sandwiches/soup etc. but they also do ciabatta and focaccia toasted sandwiches and they're dynamite. Only about £3 too.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a revolting piece on the BBC site about how "mutton flaps" are responsible for Tonga's obesity/diabetes crisis. It's the part of a sheep nobody should eat, and gets flogged for buttons to Pacific Islanders.

"Mutton flaps are the discarded parts of the lamb that are not fit for consumption in New Zealand... In Europe they are used in doner kebabs".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35346493

I'm liking that chicken kebab concept more, all of a sudden.

We had a blue lagoon just across the road from our school at Silverburn, selling chips + pizza crunch or sausage + a can for 2 quid a pop at lunchtimes. About 100-150 kids from 1st-6th year emptying over the road to buy one 5 days a week, every week of the school year. Unsurprisingly, it's one of the worst performing schools in the country.

Lamb tikka tandoori is my absolute favourite, but its a bit pricey and some places rip the absolute c**t out of it by charing about £8 or £9 for 4 or 5 miserably small bits of lamb. Got a favourite place that charges £7.90 that gives a good amount of large, tender lamb chunks along with rice and a tasty curry sauce that's my go-to takeaway now in Glasgow.

Chips, cheese and garlic mayo was my favourite post night out meal a few years back.

Flamingo's in Helensburgh is, bar none, my favourite takeaway that I've ever frequented, literally everything I've had out of there is spot on but it's pretty expensive relative to average costs for a curry, pizza etc.

Casa Express, Panmure St. Dundee.

ETA : although, Saed (?) doesn't call it Chicken Donner. Just go in and shout 'Rade Chicken!' And he'll know what you mean.

Casa Express are good but my favourite kebab in Dundee would be a toss up between the Gyros Kebab from Food Temple in the Hulltoon or the Monster Kebab from Tandoori Hut in Charleston.

If you work near the top of town, I recommend Enzos, which is beside The Flying Duck. They do your standard rolls/sandwiches/soup etc. but they also do ciabatta and focaccia toasted sandwiches and they're dynamite. Only about £3 too.

Been there some mornings for a roll and quite good. Need to try it out for lunch.

You get exactly what you deserve for willingly going into somewhere with the name "Where the Monkey Sleeps" to be fair. Your Hipster Bunglecunt alarm should have been going fucking daft as soon as you clocked the place.

I doff my cap to you Sir for your use of the phrase "Hipster Bunglecunt alarm"

Quite outstanding use of the English language - bravo !! :) :)

Casa Express are good but my favourite kebab in Dundee would be a toss up between the Gyros Kebab from Food Temple in the Hulltoon or the Monster Kebab from Tandoori Hut in Charleston.

When I still lived in invergowrie ( I'm not changing my name, I'm not a fucking hibs fan) the tandoori Hut was my go to. The monster kebab was indeed the tits.

The best one is is sunnys with babas chilli sauce.

This is going to be verging on nostalgia as I don't drink these days (if I drank like used to I'd be dead in about a yea!)

Anyway, in the old country (Caithness) it was always a "taj supper" after eh pub wi eh chiels (a taj supper being a red pudding supper with 2 strategically placed pickled onions

Dah saff (Aberdeen) it was always a haggis supper with a side of steak pie,

Over here? Not really relevant as I didn't go out drinking, but I am partial to a steak and cheddar croissant.

We had a blue lagoon just across the road from our school at Silverburn, selling chips + pizza crunch or sausage + a can for 2 quid a pop at lunchtimes. About 100-150 kids from 1st-6th year emptying over the road to buy one 5 days a week, every week of the school year. Unsurprisingly, it's one of the worst performing schools in the country.

But the chippy will be near the top of the Ofchip league table.

Archived