Raith v Queens, 4th v 5th.

Bus going at 10am. Personally I was going at 11:45 with the Forth Bridge likely to be shut.

So that decision has benefitted you then..

Hopefully it gets played 23rd of February.. Birthdays on the 24th so I have taken the Tuesday and Wednesday both holiday.. And with me working night-shift, I'll probably struggle to get many more Tuesday's off this season..

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I'm no expert and I never comment with regards to if a game should or shouldn't be on..... But this time I think the decision was made a bit hastily and would go as far to say it was wrong to call it off....: unless if played today the pitch would have been wrecked for the Rangers game on Tuesday

Especially when you consider the amount of effort that went into the game the other week against st.mirren. Yeah it was called off, but there were people scraping the snow off the pitch right up until 14:50

I think the decision was made a bit hastily and would go as far to say it was wrong to call it off....: unless if played today the pitch would have been wrecked for the Rangers game on Tuesday

That would be the worst reason imaginable and would surely breach rules.

It would be entirely wrong.

The pitch must have been deemed unplayable today. You can't simply call one game off in the hope that a more lucrative one can subsequently take place.

It would be outrageous if that theory held truth. I doubt if it does tbh.

I'm not sure if the covers were on or not. The rain was so bad yesterday that putting covers on would've just left the ground underneath completely saturated but leave them off and the snow gets to the pitch.

If it had been better weather yesterday then I'm pretty sure I would've gone ahead but torrential rain then a night of snow and there's just no chance.

We're unlucky that the two games we need to rearrange both teams are playing their own rearranged match on Saturday.

That would be the worst reason imaginable and would surely breach rules.It would be entirely wrong.The pitch must have been deemed unplayable today. You can't simply call one game off in the hope that a more lucrative one can subsequently take place.It would be outrageous if that theory held truth. I doubt if it does tbh.

Calm down dear. The club couldn't just call it off. It would be done by an SFA official.

Thing is you cannot predict the weather, some try but rarely are they right even most of the time.

Sadly this game may have survived the earlier decision if there had been more fans willing to help clear the pitch. I had a family commitment and couldn't get there to help but when I popped in at 9-30 a quarter of the pitch was cleared and Craig reckoned that with another half dozen helper it would have been a go-er.

That said it's snowing heavily as I type and if that keeps up then it might not have survived anyway.

Still its s'd that we no longer have enough committed fans these days (unlike the hero's who braved the elements this morning) willing to put in the time and effort to get a game on.

It isn't difficult to grasp - who isn't grasping it tho?

Given that some are discussing the fact it should have been given longer before the decision was made and the possibility of it having been postponed to make sure the Rangers game is on then someone somewhere isn't grasping it.

The club will lose revenue because of the postponement. They will have done everything in their power to get it on.

Thing is you cannot predict the weather, some try but rarely are they right even most of the time.

Sadly this game may have survived the earlier decision if there had been more fans willing to help clear the pitch. I had a family commitment and couldn't get there to help but when I popped in at 9-30 a quarter of the pitch was cleared and Craig reckoned that with another half dozen helper it would have been a go-er.

That said it's snowing heavily as I type and if that keeps up then it might not have survived anyway.

Still its s'd that we no longer have enough committed fans these days (unlike the hero's who braved the elements this morning) willing to put in the time and effort to get a game on.

I had no idea we were looking for volounteers, where was this advertised? I'm in Thornton at my mums, I'd have happily come down to help had I known.

Unless they have a database of volunteers I see nowhere on the official site requesting volunteers

That's the thing Hank it wasn't advertised and it (almost) never is or has been.

The times in the past that I've turned up on spec to help I've even dragged sleepy children from beds and taken them down on the off chance that help would be needed and it almost always is. I've seen guys like Andy Mill, Andy Campbell and James Couttes with their kids too, all down there mucking in trying (mostly unsuccessfully it must be said) to get the game on.

Usually they advertise on the website for volunteers to help lift the covers but with snow (especially overnight snow like this) there's no time to get word out. The reason the covers weren't down is that they are porous and when covered in snow are a nightmare as they have to be cleared of snow before they can be lifted.

Archived