Scotrail

ScottR96

19 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Serious question. These agency workers drafted in to fill in for those striking. Where the tap dancing f**k are these agencies going to get available far less qualified staff from? 

They won’t.   They’re playing to the gallery.

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

So your comment was misleading and irrelevant as usual then.

Glad we cleared that up.

It was in response to someone saying that there's been no need for unions since the 1970s. The reason public sector workers don't have zero or average hours contracts is probably because they're still unionised.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It was in response to someone saying that there's been no need for unions since the 1970s. The reason public sector workers don't have zero or average hours contracts is probably because they're still unionised.

That’s not what he said at all but you bash on with your falsehoods.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

That’s not what he said at all but you bash on with your falsehoods.

It's exactly what he said.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's not 1970 any more. We're not fighting for basic working rights now.

10 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Partial quote that doesn’t mention unions?  Doesn’t prove your point does it?  Go back and read the rest of it you moonhowler.

Are you pished?

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Can't speak for anyone else but when I used to be an employee many years ago, I used to ask for a pay-rise and if it was rejected I'd find a new job and get it that way. What I did NOT do was coerce my fellow colleagues to demand the same amount and to down tools if they didn't get it. Neither did I ask or expect others to fight my battles for me (the unions). I fought my own battles. As an adult should. It's not 1970 any more. We're not fighting for basic working rights now.

15 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Can't speak for anyone else but when I used to be an employee many years ago, I used to ask for a pay-rise and if it was rejected I'd find a new job and get it that way. What I did NOT do was coerce my fellow colleagues to demand the same amount and to down tools if they didn't get it. Neither did I ask or expect others to fight my battles for me (the unions). I fought my own battles. As an adult should. It's not 1970 any more. We're not fighting for basic working rights now.

We will be shortly.

(Not me, obviously.)

13 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
The usual suspects moaning about workers having the audacity to ask for more - I assume these same people are content with their wages and wouldn't dream of asking for a wage rise?

You mean the failed History teacher?

See the source image

11 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
11 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
Where did you teach that you only got a £ above minimum wage?

Italy and Turkey.

Is that the going rate for qualified teachers in those countries? Seems low, particularly Italy.

Is that the going rate for qualified teachers in those countries? Seems low, particularly Italy.
I was effectively freelancing for a private company but they'd send me to state schools. My hourly rate was less than factory workers got. I really liked the job but the hours (they have school on Saturdays!), pay and management were shite.

In Turkey it was a decent wage by local standards but you didn't get many hours, sometimes you had a three hour round trip for two hours of work, and the value of the lira was plummeting. Plus the management were shite.

I might go back to it in a few years' time, but not when I'm relying on it to put food on the table.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

How sure are you that petrol stations are being greedy in the first place?

Petrol station reveals how much they earn from £100 of fuel after customer row (msn.com)

I don't think the majority are, the same as I don't think workers trying to protect their real income are.

25 minutes ago, RH33 said:

What's my chances of getting a train on Sunday?!

Much the same as your chances right now as the strikes aren't affecting services on a Sunday. Whether that temporary timetable is still in place however is another thing...