Scotrail

ScottR96

She's got Kezia Dugdale Dugdale whispering in her ear too, "Keep the ban Jenny, it'll be a really popular move!". Although the decision to keep the "temporary, just for the Covid emergency" ban going was probably from the higher ups. The public health zealots have probably got their tentacles into every policy decision now post Covid.

Edited by welshbairn

On 19/08/2022 at 20:41, Todd_is_God said:

Looking through the transcript they appear to be covering an extraordinary number of bases, yet not them all.

I'm willing to bet the "London Overground Service to..." has never been used, yet if for some unbeknown reason it was needed, they would be unable to say where it was going.

Very odd.

On 19/08/2022 at 22:18, Todd_is_God said:

No I get all that, I just don't see the point in recording "This is a"... "London Overground service to" and then not being able to say, for example, "Richmond"

Half arsed 🤷🏻‍♂️

You have an uncanny ability to find the worst in absolutely anything.

Booked the train up from Edinburgh for after the Hibs v Aberdeen game on the 17th, not only were LNER miles cheaper than ScotRail, I'll be able to get a beer on the train. 
If they have the train crew to run it as a lot of the Aberdeen trains are getting cancelled.

3 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Booked the train up from Edinburgh for after the Hibs v Aberdeen game on the 17th, not only were LNER miles cheaper than ScotRail, I'll be able to get a beer on the train. 

I almost never get a Scotrail train to Inverness now when I head up for the home games. Apart from the recent issues with strikes the LNER train is mostly on time, never short formed, has catering, seat reservations, working toilets and is just an all round pleasant journey. It also doesn't take nearly 4 hours to travel up the line unlike the Scotrail offering an hour later which you often pay 2 or 3 times the price for. 

People can talk about it being a ‘notional’ ban, but gradually the culture around it will change. Fewer and fewer people will do so, it’ll become more and more frowned upon, and then the ban will be able to be enforced effectively as it’ll be a small number to deal with. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

The signallers' union haven't said what they're doing yet, so it might not affect Scotrail. The West and East Coast lines to England will definitely be in the strike though.

The 15th was originally  just the ASLEF drivers. RMT announced 2/3 hours ago the next 2 dates (15th and 17th) for their one (Network Rail staff)
https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-announce-new-strike-dates-in-national-rail-dispute/

28 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

The 15th was originally  just the ASLEF drivers. RMT announced 2/3 hours ago the next 2 dates (15th and 17th) for their one (Network Rail staff)
https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-announce-new-strike-dates-in-national-rail-dispute/

Aye, I deleted my post when I cottoned on I was out of date.

13 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I fear this post hasn't aged well - during the last strike on the 20th, me and the missus were due to LNER it from York to Aberdeen but nothing ran north of Edinburgh all day. Luckily we were able to book a Megabus from Edinburgh up the road without paying through the nose, and then claimed the refund for the full train journey so ended up in the black. You may need to do the same now as I reckon the same scenario will apply.

Edited by Scorge

3 hours ago, Scorge said:

I fear this post hasn't aged well - during the last strike on the 20th, me and the missus were due to LNER it from York to Aberdeen but nothing ran north of Edinburgh all day. Luckily we were able to book a Megabus from Edinburgh up the road without paying through the nose, and then claimed the refund for the full train journey so ended up in the black. You may need to do the same now as I reckon the same scenario will apply.

Will just jump on a ScotRail and claim it back if need be. 

37 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There won't be any Scotrail trains either if the strike goes ahead. Better think about booking a bus.

If they strike they strike. Ticket was booked before announcement of any industrial action so onus on them to get me back up the road from Edinburgh. Will phone them the morn. 

If they strike they strike. Ticket was booked before announcement of any industrial action so onus on them to get me back up the road from Edinburgh. Will phone them the morn. 

I wouldn't be relying on them arranging transport for you tbh. Definitely worth looking at alternative arrangements in case they aren't putting on buses.

Aye I booked a train down to edinburgj with lner. Cancelled on the day. Had to get a ScotRail to Stirling and then over to edinburgh. Could have got off at Dundee and got a train but that train was also cancelled. Apart from that one cancellation, ScotRail trains were all on time and no issues.