Alloa vs Rangers

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It didn't really surprise me before and during the Killie match that we failed to score. Yes it was the first match without scoring but it is clear that comparing early in the season several different Rangers players were scoring however that has changed over the last couple of months. Oduwa wasn't scoring. Law Shiels Halliday Holt MacKay aren't scoring frequently. Wallace and Tavernier now playing more defensively ( thank goodness) means less goals for. At set plays Ball Wilson Kiernan aren't goal scoring CBs. As for Zelamen! Miller and Waghorn have pulled us through plus one of the fore mentioned in each game. And yes that is all you need but when it needs more than that when playing against a better team Hibs at Easter Road St Johnstone Kilmarnock at Ibrox (only 2 goals scored) or a team defensively well set up Rangers have struggled to score. That's why I was shouting for a striker to be signed in January. Let's see what OHalloran and King tho he plays more wide will do. No pressure then.

Sorry don't know how to transfer my post from Rangers v Killie but this is what I posted!

I'm not going to say told you so but in my eyes today was only a slight surprise.

What concerns me

1. Warburton takes half the season to recognise you can't have both full backs going forward at the same time. Basic coaching.

2. Not having an out and out box striker ( Miller does this but only to a fashion).

3. When it's not working not changing the way we play.

4. Not direct enough when we should be. Too many passes resulting in not enough shots on target in most matches.

5. Today is an example of too many short corners especially on a park that's minimum size. (Alloa confirmed this)

Sorry for the rant but it's starting to get to me. Btw apart from the above I am delighted what Warburton has done for Rangers. If it wasn't him bringing in these quality players Hibs would be comfortable at the top of the Championship.

Sorry for the rant but it's starting to get to me. Btw apart from the above I am delighted what Warburton has done for Rangers. If it wasn't him bringing in these quality players Hibs would be comfortable at the top of the Championship.

I was impressed by Billy King when he came on today. I'd be interested in a front three of him, MOH through the middle and Wee Barrie. Give Waghorn a rest.

Excellent performance today; stood off Rangers well and covered space until they made mistakes. Worked very well, no doubt due to the narrow, artificial pitch rather than the commitment and work in training. My only criticism would be swapping out Isaac for Holmer and sitting on the lead - a Rangers goal was almost inevitable for me at that point. We did this last season too, and a credible attacking threat is vital when the clock's running down IMO; they were free to push forward with impunity, and an important part of the gameplan went missing.

Well done to Rangers for not booing the team today, BTW. Glad to see that's dying out. Also, I may have regrettably told the ref to stick his cards up his arse in a moment of weakness, but the lawmakers certainly can. Booking a player for briefly celebrating a goal with the fans; utter shitehole recommendation dreamt up by folk who don't understand the game :angry:

Excellent performance today; stood off Rangers well and covered space until they made mistakes. Worked very well, no doubt due to the narrow, artificial pitch rather than the commitment and work in training. My only criticism would be swapping out Isaac for Holmer and sitting on the lead

I thought Isaac was pretty shite and wasn't surprised he was hooked.

No was an old scottish welfare jacket am going to put a old club badge on it

Nice and warm fella

You not got a wee heater in your booth?

Best take care of number 1.

Archived