Alloa vs Rangers

That wasn't aggression. What part of my post wasn't factually correct? Is it the same size for every team?

Yes, it's the same for each side they play in the second half of the season.

That doesn't alter my view on it at all, or my view on your aggressive, staccato barking.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely we all accept that Alloa are playing within the rules.

Also surely it is not a debate that we accept it is easier to defend in a smaller area than a larger area.

Therefore if you assume it will be mostly Rangers trying to break down Alloa by their normal style of play Rangers will find it more difficult. Therefore it goes without saying they will have to adapt their style of play for today. The smaller pitch should make it more difficult to win but they should have the ability to change their style of play for today!

Surprised you are not on her to post advice to short of stature Rangers fans.

I suggest respectfully the short arses in the Sevco support should get there early and sit in the coconut shy or bring step ladders.

The pitch is a fair way away now down the side so bino's maybe required too.

However where it may come back to bite Alloa is that it may make Rangers play the ball quicker into the Alloa box which should lead to more chances and possibly more goals. For Rangers this may not be a bad thing as imo they slightly over do the passes outside the opposition box. As said it will be interesting.

It's not about the Rangers game. We'll almost certainly lose, even if we only used half the pitch.

Why can't you understand this?

Didn't Rangers alter the size of the pitch at Ibrox a couple of years ago against Dundee Utd in the cup to try and stop them getting slaughtered?

Anyway enough petty chat about our pitch. I think our Chairmans idea of facial recognition cameras is a great idea. It might stop so many Rangers fans from getting into our end today.

It'll be a tough game today but I feel that we can get something as long as we keep it tight at the back Hill and Hamilton really meed to be on their game and cut out the silly mistakes, hopefully young Finnie will feel if he has a point to prove and I feel that Isaac can give the Rangers defence something to think about.

Gallagher

Hamilton

Finnie

Hill

Marr

Bobo

Holmes

Flanny/McManus

Duffy

Mitch

Isaac

1-1 Duffy

Yes, they did it when they played at a "neutral" venue of Ibrox fir the Scottish cup semi and also moved the advertising boards right in.

I agree with your team choice aswell.

Yes, they did it when they played at a "neutral" venue of Ibrox fir the Scottish cup semi and also moved the advertising boards right in.

Is that right?

Were they able to alter the dimensions of a pitch they leased to the SFA for use as a 'neutral' venue?

I remember the stooshie at the time over the choice of venue and ticket allocations, but I don't recall that bit.

Absolutely outrageous if true.

Stooshie over Ibrox as semi final venue ....implication being that Rangers were getting help.

The real reason being was Hampden was out of commission and the SFA stated that the final was to be played at patkhead (no matter who was playing) and to show that they weren't biased they played the semi's at Ibrox (no matter who was playing)

Is that right? Were they able to alter the dimensions of a pitch they leased to the SFA for use as a 'neutral' venue?I remember the stooshie at the time over the choice of venue and ticket allocations, but I don't recall that bit.Absolutely outrageous if true.

As far as I've heard it's true anyway.

It's not about the Rangers game. We'll almost certainly lose, even if we only used half the pitch.

I don't watch Alloa week in week out, so if it's not to nullify the Rangers attack, stifle our midfield or hamper our defence, what is it about your game that makes this a beneficial tactic to Alloa timed for this particular match?

I don't watch Alloa week in week out, so if it's not to nullify the Rangers attack, stifle our midfield or hamper our defence, what is it about your game that makes this a beneficial tactic to Alloa timed for this particular match?

Are you lot not reading the fucking thread. It wasn't done for this match it was done at the start of the year after we had played every team once. It's really not a hard concept to get is it...

Did you say this when Alloa deservedly beat Rangers in the cup? It doesn't matter which teams play each other football is such a game where you take all the advantages you possibly can to not lose the match and hope for most of the luck that's up for grabs. One match you can always relate what can go wrong is the recent Celtic v Ross County match. One up in 27 secs, cruising could have been 3 up in 8 mins then man sent off, pen and you know the rest. That's why managers now go into the finest detail and try to take all the advantages.

Stooshie over Ibrox as semi final venue ....implication being that Rangers were getting help.

The real reason being was Hampden was out of commission and the SFA stated that the final was to be played at patkhead (no matter who was playing) and to show that they weren't biased they played the semi's at Ibrox (no matter who was playing)

Exactly. How absurd.

At the time of the decision, there was every chance that Rangers would get to play a semi at home (as happened) and that Celtic would get to play a final at home (as didn't).

An absurd and unnecessary decision. It wasn't designed to benefit the OF but as ever, little notice was taken of the fact that it did.

Is it just me that thinks a couple of metres being shortened on a football pitch means pricesly fcuk all?

Ok you are at the wind up and I've taken the bait. Read my past posts, ask pros who have played on the minimum and maximum widths. Btw it's 9 meters.

Archived