Alloa vs Rangers

Nope.Didn't say it or imply it.Pitches are restricted by such things as the features of the ground. In this case though, the pitch is being made artificially small.It doesn't sit right for me.

Yet is within the dimensions that a football pitch can be so basically we've got a nonstory making the national newspapers and sending posters into a frenzy cause oor wee warby doesn't like it...

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yet is within the dimensions that a football pitch can be so basically we've got a nonstory making the national newspapers and sending posters into a frenzy cause oor wee warby doesn't like it...

I know that it's only now getting a profile because Rangers have made a noise. Plastic pitches are getting similar attention this week for the same reason.

As a practice though, I still don't like it. People repeatedly saying that the rules allow it, doesn't change that.

Nope.

Didn't say it or imply it.

Pitches are restricted by such things as the features of the ground. In this case though, the pitch is being made artificially small.

It doesn't sit right for me.

'Artificially small' Ffs how old are you ? It is the same size for EVERY game they play. End of story!

I hate the desperation some clubs go to to avoid relegation.

Last season we watched Livi at home get away with murderous time wasting and this season Alloa have shrunk the pitch to minimum levels to stop anyone try to play football.

Nobody wants to watch the tactics that these 2 have demonstrated.

Go down with dignity for fuxake

Jeez, you'd think we'd robbed a point off you last week, not back when we were the worst side in the SPFL.

As said Alloa are not breaking any rules. In their position they have to do everything possible to stay up. I would do the same if it meant keeping my club in the Championship.

However make no mistake 9 metres is massive and it goes without saying it will totally change the structure of the match. Apparently Alloa's park is now the minimum requirements.

If there is a 'funny' side to all of this. We are in an era full of think tanks on how to improve our game. For the fans entertainment, nurturing players and a product for the TV.

But here we have a deliberate action to reduce the amount of football played. The result may not change we will never know however the number of consecutive passes made by both teams will definitely be less. It will be interesting.

As said Alloa are not breaking any rules. In their position they have to do everything possible to stay up. I would do the same if it meant keeping my club in the Championship.

However make no mistake 9 metres is massive and it goes without saying it will totally change the structure of the match. Apparently Alloa's park is now the minimum requirements.

If there is a 'funny' side to all of this. We are in an era full of think tanks on how to improve our game. For the fans entertainment, nurturing players and a product for the TV.

But here we have a deliberate action to reduce the amount of football played. The result may not change we will never know however the number of consecutive passes made by both teams will definitely be less. It will be interesting.

Don't act like you give a f**k about those last two paragraphs. It's all about what it's doing to you. Nothing else.

And if you're good enough to win, you're going to win. If you're not, you won't. There are no excuses to be had here. You're playing Alloa FFS.

Lot of fuss about nothing IMO. From what I've seen of Alloa they spend all their time in the 6 yard box anyway. Maybe shortening the pitch would have been a better idea for them - less distance to run if the ball ever gets over the half way line.

Lot of fuss about nothing IMO. From what I've seen of Alloa they spend all their time in the 6 yard box anyway. Maybe shortening the pitch would have been a better idea for them - less distance to run if the ball ever gets over the half way line.

Not all the time, although we do seem to manage to score against you fairly easily.

Oh, no, you meant our six yard box. Cute.

Don't act like you give a f**k about those last two paragraphs. It's all about what it's doing to you. Nothing else.

And if you're good enough to win, you're going to win. If you're not, you won't. There are no excuses to be had here. You're playing Alloa FFS.

You couldn't be more wrong about your thoughts on my involvement regarding the last two paras.

No offence, however if you think there is no difference playing on a minimum than maximum park. You obviously haven't played on either. I have. Totally different. Regardless of how many goals Alloa do or do not concede it doesn't matter if it's Alloa or any other team it is much much easier to defend in a smaller congested area. However where it may come back to bite Alloa is that it may make Rangers play the ball quicker into the Alloa box which should lead to more chances and possibly more goals. For Rangers this may not be a bad thing as imo they slightly over do the passes outside the opposition box. As said it will be interesting.

Must be about 9-1 to us this season?

Aye...sort of implies we're not camped out in our own box, really.

That, and the fact that we've scored something like eight in seven games against you since you were promoted 8)

Aye...sort of implies we're not camped out in our own box, really.

That, and the fact that we've scored something like eight in seven games against you since you were promoted 8)

Steady Dave. You're about a post away from saying that the pitch-narrowing was for our benefit!

Steady Dave. You're about a post away from saying that the pitch-narrowing was for our benefit!

We're generous like that. I'm sure JR would be happy to help out your goal difference tomorrow if the baker asks nicely.

Yes, I intend to stick with that story tomorrow night :lol:

I hate the desperation some clubs go to to avoid relegation.

Last season we watched Livi at home get away with murderous time wasting and this season Alloa have shrunk the pitch to minimum levels to stop anyone try to play football.

Nobody wants to watch the tactics that these 2 have demonstrated.

Go down with dignity for fuxake

I think "Scrambling for relevance" is the P&B parlance for this kind of thing. Cheers, Gav.

95 years ago Rangers applied significant pressure to ensure they avoided having to replay Alloa at the Recs and instead played a second game at Ibrox (Falkirk had been dispatched in a previous round). Now they're complaining about the size of the pitch. Diddies then, diddies now, diddies forever.

Didn't Rangers alter the size of the pitch at Ibrox a couple of years ago against Dundee Utd in the cup to try and stop them getting slaughtered?

Anyway enough petty chat about our pitch. I think our Chairmans idea of facial recognition cameras is a great idea. It might stop so many Rangers fans from getting into our end today.

It'll be a tough game today but I feel that we can get something as long as we keep it tight at the back Hill and Hamilton really meed to be on their game and cut out the silly mistakes, hopefully young Finnie will feel if he has a point to prove and I feel that Isaac can give the Rangers defence something to think about.

Gallagher

Hamilton

Finnie

Hill

Marr

Bobo

Holmes

Flanny/McManus

Duffy

Mitch

Isaac

1-1 Duffy