Alloa vs Rangers

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ! That was hard work. I can't believe it has taken pages for the pitch explanation to sink into The Pundits head.

Personally I have no problem with any team varying the size of their pitch to suit their style of football or to try and gain an advantage. The gulf in finances between the clubs gives Rangers a huge advantage. Narrowing the pitch gives Alloa a tiny advantage.

Obviously I'm not allowed a say here, but if I was, I'd say that this pitch changing lark is poor form.

It was poor form that brought the pitch to be changed tbf...

Why is it poor form? Each visiting team played on each dimension once per team.

Obviously I'm not allowed a say here, but if I was, I'd say that this pitch changing lark is poor form.

I know I am going to regret this but in what way is it 'poor form'?

As has been explained, at great length, by the Alloa posters. The pitch size was changed only after every club had played there once. It won't be changed until the end of the season. Therefore every club will play there on the narrowed pitch as well. Measurements will be within the rules.

This pitch thing is so old news. Falkirk raised it after we won. Sevco getting their excuses in early? Warburton sounding more like McCoist by the week. I mean that respectfully though

This pitch thing is so old news. Falkirk raised it after we won. Sevco getting their excuses in early? Warburton sounding more like McCoist by the week. I mean that respectfully though

Surprised you are not on her to post advice to short of stature Rangers fans.

Christ! That was hard work. I can't believe it has taken pages for the pitch explanation to sink into The Pundits head.

Personally I have no problem with any team varying the size of their pitch to suit their style of football or to try and gain an advantage. The gulf in finances between the clubs gives Rangers a huge advantage. Narrowing the pitch gives Alloa a tiny advantage.

Hmmmmm....

So it takes pages to answer a point which you then give yourself?....

Not too bright eh?.... :lol:

I know I am going to regret this but in what way is it 'poor form'?

As has been explained, at great length, by the Alloa posters. The pitch size was changed only after every club had played there once. It won't be changed until the end of the season. Therefore every club will play there on the narrowed pitch as well. Measurements will be within the rules.

I know fine that it's not just for this game.

However, it strikes me as unsporting to make your pitch smaller than it need be in order to stifle football. Some people struggle with the difference between something being allowed and somethings being right.

I hate the desperation some clubs go to to avoid relegation.

Last season we watched Livi at home get away with murderous time wasting and this season Alloa have shrunk the pitch to minimum levels to stop anyone try to play football.

Nobody wants to watch the tactics that these 2 have demonstrated.

Go down with dignity for fuxake

I know fine that it's not just for this game.

However, it strikes me as unsporting to make your pitch smaller than it need be in order to stifle football. Some people struggle with the difference between something being allowed and somethings being right.

Yeh because smaller pitches stifle football hahaha. You have to be at it ?

So in Monkeys World every single pitch must be the absolute maximum size?

Yeh because smaller pitches stifle football hahaha. You have to be at it ?

So in Monkeys World every single pitch must be the absolute maximum size?

Nope.

Didn't say it or imply it.

Pitches are restricted by such things as the features of the ground. In this case though, the pitch is being made artificially small.

It doesn't sit right for me.

Archived